Dullest build ever! But I like it....

captain_vimes
captain_vimes Posts: 262
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
I have just built this hybrid from all new and nearly new parts as I needed a daily workhorse.

It's a double butted 4310 steel frame with mostly Shimano running gear.

Cost me about £240 in parts, shop sales, eBay and spares I had lying around. Whilst I know I could have bought something new of similar quality for about the same money, I know this bike inside out and have a warm fuzzy feeling....

CIMG8837_zpsa46b76d9.jpg

CIMG8838_zps35958bae.jpg

CIMG8839_zpsf5a13e08.jpg

CIMG8840_zpsa9d815b9.jpg

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    looks great - although I don't like the way that dog is looking at that chicken in the second pic...
  • Ha! Hadn't spotted that!

Ellie has had one of the chicken's before, when no-one was looking. She knows they are off limits but it seems dogs do not have the ability to consider the future, or indeed evidence. She gave me the "So there is a chicken carcass lying in the middle of the lawn, but how do you know it was me that ate it?" look.

Chickens are cheap, I love my dogs. :D
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426

+1 for the dogs and I like the bike , would like it better with drops though, just my opinion. :)
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Looks like a cat in pic 3 eyeing up a chicken too. Maybe the dog was framed.
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • diamonddog wrote:

+1 for the dogs and I like the bike , would like it better with drops though, just my opinion. :)

I have some nice bars, but the shifters are so bloody expensive! I fiddle with my bikes a lot, so it will have drops at some point...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Not bad at all for the money, needs a more elegant chainset at some point though ;-)
  • The Black Shumen....... 8)
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • The dog is gone by picture 3. I reckon the chicken ate it.

My wife grew up on a farm and is pestering me to keep chickens in London. I said no
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.