This Sunday. who's in? 8)
Paracyclist
@Bigmitch_racing
2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
2014 Whyte T129-S
2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
Big Mitch - YouTube

Comments

• I'll be there, hoping to improve on last years time! Think it could be a little bit muddy though...
    https://vimeo.com/49277320
  • Was a bit slimey on top lol. I got de-tagged at St Johns after running over the 4hrs time allowed for one reason or another, was flying up to Brandywell though.

Hope you managed to beat your time! :D

A great event, anyone thinking of taking part should do! :)
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • Nightmare, I was close to getting stopped at St Johns myself last year but just made it through! Finished in 6 hrs 28 mins, 10 minutes better than my previous best in 2011 and and hour better than last year! Course had changed quite a bit but I'm still happy with my performance.

86a1d70e-8315-4aa5-8118-eb3f5d3c2284_zpscbecd4bb.jpg
  • great event, got round in 5.32 which was roughly my target so was pleased with that.. Course has altered a bit from last year but i think that made for a better ride .
  • Really enjoyed it but it was tough. I managed a 5.24 which was an improvement on 2011 but the conditions were harder this year. Ill probably enter again next year and aim for sub 5 hour if the weathers a bit better. Hats off to the pros doing it in 3.05. Some really good singletrack descents and especially enjoyed the downhills through the fields and gates even if it was like riding on ice. Should make a lap of cannock feel like a breeze now !!
  • Here is my edit from Sunday :)https://vimeo.com/74233440
  • mattc
    mattc Posts: 49
    Great event once again, if not a little mucky! Great to see the footage Dan!
  • Great event once again, if not a little mucky! Great to see the footage Dan!

Congratulations on your victory! I did 4:30 which I was very happy with.

Cheers, probably a little muddier than when you went through some of them sections :lol: Congratulations on the win, still don't know how anyone can do that course in 3 hours though, although I expect your training regime is slightly different to mine haha.
  • Yeah, I ride to and from work every day!