Lidl/aldi

PBo
PBo Posts: 2,493
edited September 2013 in Commuting chat
Just saw lidl had its cycling sale, (presumably last thursday?) but no one here mentioned it? Or did I miss it?

Anyone heard about Aldi yet?

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Not heard anything about Aldi, I thought that they had one a a couple bof months ago, but they must be due an autumn/winter one soon.

Lidl was mentioned in the bargains thread.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    I noticed Aldi appear to have had one in July? (Was on honeymoon so I missed it). Just looked through some work emails and it was either the 20th or 27th Sep last year so expect to hear about it soon..
  • Still some bits in Lidl if you look. (At least the ones I've been in).
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Nothing worth having this time round.
    Last one was only a couple of months ago - I'm delighted with the £30 workstand.
  • Lidl have some Ergon GP2 grip with bar end copies for £6.99. Fitted some to my hybrid and ended up getting a spare pair.
  • anewman wrote:
    Lidl have some Ergon GP2 grip with bar end copies for £6.99. Fitted some to my hybrid and ended up getting a spare pair.
    Bought those a few months ago on the last sale. Appear good quality at first but sunlight breaks down the cheap rubber, turning them into a gooey blu-tack like mess. Also, the glue holding the rubber bits on soon gives way...

Much cheaper than real Ergons but for a reason!
  • Aldi did it's bike stuff a few months ago, some odd bits'n'bobs still in my local store, like the cheap cycle computers.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    First week of Nov is the winter Aldi sale I think.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017