Roadies (again)

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    The event took place yesterday in forest street, not far from the station in Drumgelloch in the evening at precisely 10 to eight a cyclist spoke politely to a group of cyclists from a club that was not named but are apparently well known for their abysmal road craft going the other way and they did not acknowledge his politeness in fact they went out of their way to ignore said cyclist, and this was not the first time this has happened.

I thought he was pretty clear :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • adr82 wrote:
    This thread is the forum equivalent of posting a Facebook status indicating you're upset about something without giving details, and it's so so so obvious you want people to ask you about it. Bit sad really.

The correct response is "What's up hun?"
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    team47b wrote:
    The event took place yesterday in forest street, not far from the station in Drumgelloch in the evening at precisely 10 to eight a cyclist spoke politely to a group of cyclists from a club that was not named but are apparently well known for their abysmal road craft going the other way and they did not acknowledge his politeness in fact they went out of their way to ignore said cyclist, and this was not the first time this has happened.

Where did you get that from?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Imposter wrote:
    team47b wrote:

T47b is a retired spy with links to Snowdon - if there is anything that T47b doesn't know, its not worth knowing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Kerguelen wrote:
    elderone wrote:
    Bit more info req.If your genuine in your coments then naming the club (which will then give them a chance to reply) would not be bad form.
    As far as bad road craft goes,we all have stories to tell.

No, I'm allergic to being sued.

Can you be sued for telling the truth? Or are you implying that your story may contain defamatory comments?
  • Why would an amateur cycling club sue? How much money do you think they would hav for legal advice anyway?

OP. Stop wasting our time with your cryptic comments about 'I saw an arrogtant roadie once' and email the club politely explaining what happened and why you take issue with it. If the clubs senior members won't do anything about it (they probably will) then you can't do anything else anyway but this thread is a waste of time.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Imposter wrote:
    team47b wrote:

It was what he said...

19:50 tonight, A89, Drumgelloch.Is there some part of 'do not even ****ing speak to me' that you're having problems understanding? Hmm? I know who you are by the way, even though I'm not going to name the club concerned on a public forum; but guess what, your roadcraft is STILL ****ing abysmal.

...obvious innit :D

OK Snowdon emailed me :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Kerguelen wrote:
    Typical cyclist, no wonder everyone hates you.

I don't hate cyclists :)
  • "Is there some part of 'do not even ****ing speak to me' that you're having problems understanding? "

I still don't understand who said what. It sounds like the OP said 'don't speak to me..." in which case someone must have said something to him and he replied in a very rude manner and completely out of order.

If someone from the cycle club said it to the OP, then they were very rude and out of order but did not completely ignore the OP.

Something not adding up for me. Sounds like both parties have a grudge.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Sounds like an Internet warrior too worried to confront someone in real life if you ask me.

Funny thread though!
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    does anybody want to by a small off road bike, size xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsmall suit 0-6months, 1 previous owner (deceased hedgehog), needs a bit of tlc
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    if I had to guess I'd say the op's wife left he for a roadie, or when he was younger he walked into his parents room whilst his dad was working away and found a pair of bib shorts on the floor and a strange man 'wrestling' with mummy!

just a guess!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Lol i thought this was about me ? - but remembered i was out on the same route 24hrs earlier. I say hello or wave to anyone on the bike as it's the rule of forum members on here 8) .

PS. Has'nt everyone came across after years on the bike a "gringo" ...nothing new and as a few have said why post and not tell the whole story ???
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Building to a climax now
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Imposter wrote:

Don't think he wants to play anymore :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    So I guess we will never know ...
  • I wonder if he's ever fallen off a bike?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    he may have met some hedgehogs out on a "rummble", hope he dosent tell them i have one of their bikes
  • Story of my life....two pages of foreplay and a huge disappointing climax.

I really thought there was going to be an insightful lesson for us newbies but...nothing....not even a punchline....WTF
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Great thread. Top class. A+. Would read again.
  • I can only put this thread down to sexual frustration.....poor chap
  • Cracking read. On a par with Clive Cussler.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Found the OProyal%20wedding%20balcony%20kiss%20grumpy%20bridesmaid-thumb.jpg
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Grill wrote:
    Cursing and getting all riled up on a public forum works for me too! Let's be friends!

I like it matey. our club doesn't need others to moan about road craft, we can winge about each other whilst on forums, on the club run or in the pub.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Wow, someone's got sand in his vajayjay !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59 wrote:

Welcome on board, your train is currently 3 days late due to signal failure on this line between the Internet and this thread.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    MattC59 wrote:

Welcome on board, your train is currently 3 days late due to signal failure on this line between the Internet and this thread.

I got the message alert in my mail box, I thought" Keurgelindy's not come back has he?! What for more sh1t shovelling?" ....and then the deep dissapointment. I put the popcorn away, sigh. Its all a bit too much like the decals thread.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I will never get back the 5 minutes of my life I just spent reading this thread................
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"