Cannondale rush need component advice

mc_hawkings24
mc_hawkings24 Posts: 51
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys I've been lurking on the forum but decided to sign up.
I bought a large bbq black rush and it has a lefty dlr2 and from what I can find out is the dlr2 came out in 2006-2007
so probably a 2006 2007 rush. Anyway the frame came with a Fox Float RL rear shock which is good but would prefer something like the fox triad I had on a stumpjumper a few months back so I'm looking at a fox float RP23 which has all the settings I fancy or is there something better out there?

It also came with Avid juicy 5 brakes and yes I've already bled them twice and they work ok but trying to get new pads to sit properly is proving annoying. I would like some recommendations for something better but doesn't cost the earth and doesn't involve using syringes.

Also need to get the lefty serviced at some point as I lost alot of fluid when I let the air out of the shock to reseat the bearings and after reading up your supposed to have the forks upside down so my bad.

Other than that it feels better to ride than the stumpy which felt odd to ride.

Comments

• Brakes = Anything by Shimano depending on your budget - everything from deore to xtr is fantastic.

Fox have gone crazy expensive - you could consider a RS Monarch, much cheaper. Triads are pull shocks are they not? (i.e. not suitable for the rush). But if you've got that kind of money and you want a massively tunable high performance air shock - go for a cane creek double barrel (CCDB) air.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    RP23s have been cheap at bike-discount.de and one of the UK sites in the last week or so.
  • Thanks for replying guys and good shout on the rp23 I checked out the site and there dam cheap! I have my eye on an ebay one but probably go for around the same I reckon. Gonna have a look at the rs monach and also the triad I had was just a lever. By pull shock do you meab pop lock on the handle bars?

For brakes I have a budget of £200 - £250 which probably won't get me much new so probably go second hand. What would you guys recommend now I have a budget?

thanks
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    Thanks for replying guys and good shout on the rp23 I checked out the site and there dam cheap! I have my eye on an ebay one but probably go for around the same I reckon. Gonna have a look at the rs monach and also the triad I had was just a lever. By pull shock do you meab pop lock on the handle bars?

For brakes I have a budget of £200 - £250 which probably won't get me much new so probably go second hand. What would you guys recommend now I have a budget?

thanks

Get the new Deore Brakes!!!
  • Ok I didn't think about deores but I managed to find a full set of shimano slx m675 from bike-discount.de
    £125 all in and after reading lots of reviews i bought them. Can't wait to get rid of the juicy's just hope the calipers will
    go straight on the adapters that are on my bike.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    By pull shock do you meab pop lock on the handle bars?
    No, it means that as the suspension compresses at the rear the shock actually gets pulled open (Older Scotts all did this as well) rather than getting pushed closed like on most bikes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Oh right interesting that sounds odd I did notice the shock is mounted the other way round on the stumpy.
    The rp23 I was looking at has the 3 bar rating on the side but its got rating 1 for rebound where as my float R has a rating of 3 but on the R I think its firmness/compression not rebound ?. If it's rebound that rp23 might be the same as my R on propedal 3 on the lever, although the R feels good I suppose I don't need a shock with lots of settings just a lockout feature would do.
    Read some good things about the Rockshock monarch rt3 but abit more expensive than the rp23

Looked at rp23's again on bike-discount.de and both same price but rebound and compressions are different
    I'm 13.4 stone and don't want it feeling to slack so maybe the 1st one would compare to my R?
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k/a109619/details.html

Length and Hub 190mm / 51mm
    Boostvalve (200)
    Big air chamber
    Riding style: XC, Trail, All Mountain
    Spring: Air
    Adjustments:
    Rebound (Tune M)
    ProPedal 3 Position Compression adjust,
    Air spring pressure
    Compression tune F

Weight: 318g (with hardware)