Fixed Charge Plug 1/8 3/32?

bushu
bushu Posts: 711
edited September 2013 in Workshop
Just rebuilt my Charge Plug Freestyler with many issues, going fixed saved some headaches though not what I initially wanted I'm happy with it. Just wondering whether I would be better converting the whole chainset to 1/8, are there any issues or premature wear problems running wider chains on narrow chainrings?

Just ordered kmc Z610 hx which is 3/32 the same as the chainring & a dura-ace track sprocket but crc didn't provide on option for width :?
IMG_20130903_211400.jpg
7274_n.jpg2942_n.jpg2487_n.jpg

Comments

• bushu
    Pics of quick test ride, bike & myself still covered in pt polylube
    also before anyone mentions it, Yes I know the chain was slack!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    3/32 is the width - running everything the same width is best. You can run a slightly wider 1/8 chain on 3/32 sprockets and chainring - can be useful to "soak up" a less than perfect chainline, but not what you'd choose if you were buying new components all round.

In short - everything looks compatible.

Where are your brakes?
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • bushu
    on eBay :lol: the new ones were too much faff to fit so decided upon fixed gear
    Just hoping the dura-ace sprocket that crc send is 3/32 as the chain and chainring, thank you for putting my mind at rest with the 1/8 compatibility :)