Holme Moss Classic - Sunday 22nd September

alanp23
alanp23 Posts: 696
www.teamcysticfibrosis.com

This is a 65 mile ride starting from Magna and taking in parts of next year's Tour de France ride. Holme Moss is included of course!

The ride is organised by Team Cystic Fibrosis, a cycling club based in South Yorkshire. We are all giving our time and effort for free and we are looking to create something that we are proud to be associated with.

We have full co-operation from South Yorkshire Police and Rotherham Council and we are proud to be working in partnership with Planet-X and Magna.

Ten reasons for riding!!

1. Help to make a difference to those living with cystic fibrosis and the people who care for them

2. A great days cycling for people of all abilities - two routes available 65 miles & 46 miles

3, Ex-Pursuit World Champion Colin Sturgess is going to be around on a bike kindly provided by Planet-X.

4, Ride some of the roads that will be used in the 2014 Tour de France in Yorkshire - including the iconic Holme Moss climb

5, Mass start with full rolling road closure out of Rotherham with the police using the event as a test for the Tour de France in 2014. (I have been with South Yorkshire Police and they will be providing a rolling road block for the first 5 miles)

6, Planet X our main sponsors will be providing a ‘Planet X Village’ at the start and have some of their riders there as well as loads of bikes/kit. They will be providing a goodie bag at the end.

7, Magna Science Adventure Centre is hosting the event start and finish, this is a great day out for any family of riders wanting to compete, they are also providing food and drink (tea & coffee complimentary for all participants).

8, Official photographer on Holme Moss

9, Two feed stations with free bits of food / goodies and a friendly volunteer or two to welcome you

10, You've been looking for a challenge for you and your friends all year and you've not got round to it, well this is it, click on the link below and sign yourself up and share it with your friends!

https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk/get-i ... -2013.aspx

Why not make a weekend of it and do the Wakefield sportive on Saturday as a warm up!
Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016

Comments

• alanp23
    I know that it is all about the ride and I think we have created a beautiful route through South Yorkshire. It aint flat though.

BUT... our cake sponsor appears to have given us a lot more cake that we expected. So we wont be going hungry at the feedstops!

On-line bookings close soon (£20 entry fee - All of it goes to Charity) but you will be able to enter on the day (£25)

You can get in touch on twitter at @team_cf_aware or find us on Facebook. Team Cystic Fibrosis
  • I did this ride yesterday and thought it was well organised and a nice route.
    Will it be on again next year?
  • alanp23
    Yes. It will be September 14th 2014.

Same routes, same venue and all the other stuff that we threw in yesterday. That was the first time we had done it and we've got some extras already planned for next year.

If you left your email address, you'll get all the details.

Thanks for the kind words!