Sram XX1 crank arms

Roboleeds
Roboleeds Posts: 43
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Recently purchased a Sram XX1 groupset for my Giant Trance X 29 1.I purchased the wrong chainset as I require a GPX bottom bracket.I have now purchased the correct chainset.My question is I was thinking about keeping the original chainset and using the chainring as a spare and the crank arms.Are the crank arms interchangeable between bottom brackets,or is it best just to sell it?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It depends on what cranks you had and now have.

But from the info provided I would say the cranks are nor usable but the rings might be. Measure the BCD.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The BB30 ones aren't compatible with GXP unless you can remove the axle somehow. Spider and ring can be used. Why though?!
  • Was gonna keep them as spares I know the chainring can be removed just wondered about the crank arms!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Roboleeds wrote:
    Was gonna keep them as spares I know the chainring can be removed just wondered about the crank arms!
    as the crank arms are part of the axle. no.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown