Cleaning and maintenance products

Greg80737
Greg80737 Posts: 3
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hiya everyone, new to mtb just got a bike and I'm planning on riding my local trails cwmcarn and bike park wales, looking to get some products to use post ride so any advice or stuff to stay away from? Thanks in advance, Greg

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Water for cleaning and chain lube for the chain.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Don't use a power washer anywhere near bearings.

Normal car shampoo is fine. If it can clean grime off a car it can clean a bit of mud off a bike.
    A decent lube for the chain is a good idea as it will help to prolong the life of the drive chain.

If you are anywhere near Newport pop along to Leisure Lakes Bikes and join their VIP Club. It will cost you £30 but you will get a box of Muc Off products worth about £35 as a joining 'gift'.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thanks ill pop down there and have a look
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Careful with some car products, they can contain additives that might not agree with your brake pads and cause them to loose some of their bite. For everyday use, I use water and brush. The brush is very good at shifting the dirt and you end up using a lot less water. If really want a sparkling finish then I use some well diluted detergent and make sure I rinse it off well.