Average weekly milage.

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
I have been cycling a year now and average about 100 miles a week over 3 rides.Not commuting.
So mainly just out of interest,what do others average a week and how many rides.
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    elderone wrote:
    I have been cycling a year now and average about 100 miles a week over 3 rides.Not commuting.
    So mainly just out of interest,what do others average a week and how many rides.

260-300, 6 rides a week.

All depends what I'm doing that week.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    100-150, almost entirely commuting. Should that be a :-) or a :-( ? I love my commute :-)
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    DavidJB wrote:
    260-300, 6 rides a week.

All depends what I'm doing that week.

Same here although I'm getting over injury so scaling back up slowly.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • According to Strava ive averaged 148 miles per week and 5 rides per week so far this year
  • zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    250 miles a week 5 rides on average so far this year and I only started a year ago as well.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    According to strava had done 4300 miles in 340 hours with 190 activities for the first half of this year ... Nowt during July and August due to injury. Mainly chasing those stoopid strava challenges!
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Between 80 and 100 miles a week on average, no commuting, 4 or 5 rides a week. Been road cycling for about a year.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Do the folk riding 300+ miles a week, race or is it purely for pleasure?
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Bozman wrote:

I am a (bad) 2nd cat racer so yes its all training (intervals etc).

But training is pleasure sometimes! Other times its hell ;)
  • I do between 60 and 100 usually on 2/3 rides.

Work and time constraints makes it difficult to ride any more than that but i would ride every day if i could.

I would love to start racing but im not sure i will ever be able to dedicate enough time to get to the level required
    Cannondale Caad8
    Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Bozman wrote:

Pleasure mostly as the only racing I do is TTs. I do lots of audaxes which gets the mileage up and really the only long training block I did was a 600+ mile week on the TT bike before the 24.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    You could have a look at the Commuter Stats board (link below) to get an idea. I could query the DB and extract the figures, but the main page will give you an idea. The WTD column is Week To Date.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    around 200 miles a week and 4-5 rides. at peak it was 260 miles and 5 rides.
  • djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    About 150 miles a week - that's a mixture of commuting, audaxing and general pleasure* riding

*Yes, yes, ooer missus ;-)

Why ask - you can just go and look it up over at 'active' can't you :) Well for some of us anyway
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    aim for 100 a week over 3 rides usually. 60-70 on a saturday the rest made up in the week. trick is maintaining it in the winter so can have a fab summer next year.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Some long distances for a week.To be fair I do have the time to ride more but I,m happy doing what I,m doing for now.Just amazed the time some people put in.
    nice one.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    There's got to be an equation with time, distance and effort to relate to.
    With two young children and a wife working 12hrs a day I make the most of what time I get, 125-150 miles a week but I nail every ride like it's my last.
  • 60-100 per week over 4-5 rides, work restraints make it difficult to invest more time.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Varies, when I'm down at uni I can get in 150-250 a week depending what else is happening.

Don't tend to get proper holdiays as such, usually working long hours on placements so maybe 60-70 miles at the weekend tops as I have other things to be doing too.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I do road riding and MTB. Do MTB miles count triple ?
  • Bozman wrote:
    There's got to be an equation with time, distance and effort to relate to.
    With two young children and a wife working 12hrs a day I make the most of what time I get, 125-150 miles a week but I nail every ride like it's my last.

I am the same no faffing about on the bike, quality not quantity for me :mrgreen:
  • I average about 6000 miles a year, been riding for about 12 years, although only in the last couple of years I've been doing consistent mileage throughout the year.

As I have a life off the bike, and a missus, and a job I can only put in around about 10 hours a week and mostly commuting.... But that's more than enough for me.