Full face helmet up to £75 suggestions

mike hunts alpine
mike hunts alpine Posts: 765
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Need a full face helmet for about £75 any suggestions?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/661- ... -prod72416
Seen this one any good?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If it fits.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • My son has just got one of these after months of searching ebay etc. Don't think you'll find a better one for the money.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    The Comp is a decent helmet it's ideal if you're not used to wearing a full face. The fit is very much like a trail helmet it's light with basic padding, a large aperture and a chinpiece that's not intrusive. It's not like what you might call a proppa full face that fits more like a motorbike helmet. The padding isn't removable.

In terms of fit, with the chinstrap fastened your face should move as you turn the helmet from side-to-side. Also it should not be possible to remove the helmet by pulling it over your head from the back.
  • Its heavy and lining isn't great but its ok.
    It's only any good if it fits.
  • Going to try one on at my lbs to see what size I need then get it from CRC I think, unless there's any others at a similar price?
  • Have a look for a discounted Urge Down o Matic. They are very light, nicely lined and well designed. Im on my third one and I always find great discounts on them.
    If they fit you they are really excellent.
  • Going to try one on at my lbs to see what size I need then get it from CRC I think, unless there's any others at a similar price?
    I went around several shops with my son first, we tried Urge, 661, Fox and Troy Lee all for size and fit. I think it's important to try the one you want on first.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Going to try one on at my lbs
    Fox Europe are based in Gateshead and are not averse to sending out helmets on a sale or return basis.

Have a word with your lbs see if there's anything they can do. Mine got a couple of Rampages in for me to try and price matched CRC