Route around Wentwood, South Wales

warrerj
warrerj Posts: 665
edited September 2013 in Routes
Anybody got any nice routes around wentwood woods or nearby area they could share. A friend has just moved to Caldicot and could do with some local riding ideas.

Cheers

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Check out strava for routes. There's tons of trails there. Just get out and explore.

The went wood enduro in feb/march is also a great event to enter
  • I know it's a bit of a late post but up until a year ago I was living with my parents in Magor. One of the best places i went to around there was Slade Woods in Rogiet. As you drive through Rogiet away from Caldicot, there is a right turn opposite the turning for the Severn Tunnel Junction (it goes under the motorway). Take that right and follow the lane up a hill over some speed bumps and you are then in the woodland.
    There are a few riders I have seen there and there is a fairly big trail network with a couple of jump lines too. The first minute or so of footage in the Video in my Sig is from there. The woodland joins onto an old quarry and can be accessed from the Dewstow side also. It was my main riding spot when i was down there and a really fun, local place to go.