Feeling quite proud of myself

trappy666
trappy666 Posts: 39
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
I managed to complete a 60km ride on Thursday and I'm pretty happy with myself for doing it. Before the ride I had only clocked up 50ish km but whilst I was riding I started to get a very sore, almost dead like feeling in my right shoulder. It's still a little sore now when I move it but was just wondering if it was down to the distance or is it because I didn't have my bike set up correctly?

Comments

• congratulations
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Well done. Your shoulder could be caused by either. If you have not had problems before just keep an eye on it. If you can do 50km without any pain your bike setup is unlikely to be too far off. Bike setup is a compromise between power and comfort after a point.
  • Shoulder felt good today as I managed to bag an 89km ride but now I have a pain in my left elbow? Seems a little strange.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    How rough are the roads around you? Could just be getting used to the vibrations?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Well done. It sounds like you are still getting 'bedded in' on your bike. :)
  • The roads are as rough as a badgers arse! I think it would be smoother to ride on the cobbles in France. I never knew there was a 'bedding in' period when cycling? I still feel a little tense when riding. I try and let my body relax but it doesn't really work and I end up getting off the bike at the end all sore because I'm so tense on the bike :(
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Just keep doing it your confidence will rise and you will naturally relax. :)
  • DHTT
    DHTT Posts: 345
    trappy666 wrote:
    The roads are as rough as a badgers ars*! I think it would be smoother to ride on the cobbles in France. I never knew there was a 'bedding in' period when cycling? I still feel a little tense when riding. I try and let my body relax but it doesn't really work and I end up getting off the bike at the end all sore because I'm so tense on the bike :(

From experience proper cobbles make the roughest sections I have to ride seem mild in comparison to the lurching and shaking from the cobbles! As your confidence grows you'll relax more and hopefully loosen up, try not to think about it too much and should hopefully get better gradually. Keep up the good work :)