Lights

shaddaz
shaddaz Posts: 15
edited November 2013 in The workshop
For some of you that might be reading my other thread you will already no about this..

I was riding into my local town (4miles one way) now I always like to have a flashing rear light on I dont worry as much for the front as I dont carry that much speed (most of my journey always seems to be uphill)

Anyway I hit a bumpy section of road and my MoonGem 2.0 snapped its rubbers and vanished I backtracked and could not find it :(

Now to replace this I am looking in the £20 mark for the same make and model but at this point I am open to suggestion for better equipment working on a lower budget I liked the MG as I would just plug it into my PC and charge it while I was chilling, I doubt on a budget this will be a factor but I do already have the facilities for charging 16xxx and 18xxx style batteries.

No batteries would be even better but again doubt anything good on a smaller budget

now I am open to go a bit higher than the £20 for a replacement

So please suggest away at what is good on a budget but bright enough to get seen

Thanx All

Comments

• Topeak redlight mega- £22 or thereabouts from many of the usual suspects on-line and visible from a mile away with 72 candle power, 5 modes and between 50-100h battery life depending on mode chosen: I'm v pleased with mine.
  • 100h from 2 AAA thats not bad

I will put that one on the list of possibles
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Another big name light - Cateye TL-LD610 or the TL_Rapid 3 .. I have the 3 ...

Oh - and in the dark I have at least 2 rear lights fitted - just in case one fails or ... drops off ... !
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Smart R2 from planet X
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Moon Comet - USB rechargeable (no loose battery - it's a sealed device), incredibly bright and a brilliant clamp for attaching it to the saddle rails (that won't drop the light if you hit the bumps). Mine looks and works as well as it did on day one after a year's worth of commuting.

I run mine every day on my 35 mile round trip commute. I recharge it after every second day (it just runs out of juice at about the 6 hour mark).
    "The Flying Scot"
    Commute - Boardman CXR 9.4 Di2
    Sunday Best - Canyon Ultimate SLX Disc w/ DuraAce Di2
  • Thanx guys for the replies

So far the "Comet" seems to fit the bill nice

Off Topic.... 35m round trip...........DAMN........... I average about 10mph on my heavy MTB ;) so you can work put now long that run would take me lol
  • Lezyne Micro Drive is £28 or so from Chain Reaction. USB recharge that requires no cable. The Micro rear/Macro front set is great if you can get it on discount, but at RRP is a bit steep.
  • Smart R2 and a AAA charger.

Amazing rear light with always on element and massive cree 1W flasher.
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • +1 for the R2 I am very happy with mine but it does eat batteries. I have a charger for my 18650's that does AAAs as well so I got some eneloop rechargable AAAs and they are great.

http://www.eneloop.info/eneloop-product ... eloop.html
  • I have a KNOG Blinder 4 led light at the rear awesome stuff