Get Britain cycling debate

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited August 2013 in Commuting chat
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/campai ... -cycling-0

Quoting the start of the article as it summarises better than I could:
On 2 September 2013 the recommendations of ‘Get Britain Cycling’ report will receive a high profile attention when they are debated in the House of Commons. We set out how to get your MP to contribute to the debate.

We all know that what cycling needs is political leadership.

Thanks to Julian Huppert MP and the thousands of you who signed the petition, we have a chance to move cycling further up the political agenda.

British Cycling is encouraging people to contact their local MP to ask them attend the debate on 2 September 2013.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• Stag on
    Stag on Posts: 99
    With the first US TLAM likely to go downrange in Syria this weekend, I would imagine this will get significantly less press attention than it should do.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    siiiiiiiigh....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    My MP will not be attending. I have been badgering her, but she, although in her own words is a keen cyclist, has more important things to worry about apparently. She sent me some BS letter that she got from Boris.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    My MP hasn't even replied to my two emails sent 6 and 4 weeks ago.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Stag on wrote:
    With the first US TLAM likely to go downrange in Syria this weekend, I would imagine this will get significantly less press attention than it should do.

So depressing. Cameron was already to spend millions on bombing Syria (and doubtless murdering innocent civilians), but won't even countenance spending money to promote cycling (and by default public health) in the UK.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    I've been asked to help marshal a ride past the House of Commons on Monday. Meeting at Jubilee Park (by the big wheel thing) at 6pm if anyone fancies joining in.