I need a new passport

roger_merriman
roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
edited September 2013 in Commuting chat
And rather urgently as it happens so, going Monday so any secure bike parking in Victoria? or close ish by? since I have to go and see them then 4hrs off and back.

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Lots of metal bike loop parking things, but not more secure than anywhere else. There is a Norris bike stand right outside if you wish to avail yourself of his blondness' finest.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Just so you know, the Passport office is no longer in Petty France, Its in Liverpool.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    Just so you know, the Passport office is no longer in Petty France, Its in Liverpool.

the address they gave me was. (it's also on their website)

Globe House
    89 Eccleston Square
    London
    SW1V 1PN

Looks like train in as last time I left a bike in central London it disappeared...
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I would definitely be calling ahead, a friend of mine needed a new passport recently and he had t go to Liverpool. IMBW
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    I would definitely be calling ahead, a friend of mine needed a new passport recently and he had t go to Liverpool. IMBW

my wife booked a appointment for me and that's the address they gave her so one would assume it's correct! though not always a safe assumption.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    passport office in Liverpool is ridiculous....

you cant park your bike outside there either

looks like you still can at Laaaandan

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Roger, just about to send a PM. I may be able to help...
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    There are several passport offices around the country.

There is definitely one at Globe House. I regularly work in that building
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    rubertoe wrote:

the address they gave me was. (it's also on their website)

Globe House
    89 Eccleston Square
    London
    SW1V 1PN

Looks like train in as last time I left a bike in central London it disappeared...

I went there by bike for a passport appointment a couple of months ago and felt ok about leaving my bike locked to the metal railings for the 45 mins I was in there for. Just used a D-Lock through the rear seat stays and the railing. Seemed to be pretty out in the open. Thats pretty much how I always lock my bike these days in public. I wouldn't leave it out overnight, am I being naive?
  • rubertoe wrote:

That doesn't make sense. Don't you need a passport just to get into Liverpool?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Still got your bike, Roger?
  • notsoblue wrote:
    Still got your bike, Roger?

train in and Boris Bike amble after, quite fun though brakes are shockingly weak!