SCR Xmas Party 2013

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited April 2014 in Commuting chat
Given the utter failure to organise an event last year and the very poor efforts to arrange summer drinks this year i thought I'd make a super early start to this years SCR xmas event.

For those of you not 'old' enough to know what this is, basically for the last few years we've had a gathering of SCRers at the sacred home of the beautiful game ie the Morpeth.

We usually hire the room upstairs and have a non traditional but yummy xmas buffet with plenty of booze and stories of battles won, never lost.

December is the preferred month and the sooner we make a claim the more choice of dates we'll have, Friday's are preferred and all are welcome.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Can this be made a sticky?

votes cast. 6/13 for me.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Couldn't make the summer one as I'm out of the country but I should think that the 13th or 20th would be good for me (probably other good too).

Voted.

Ta Boff
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    if there's interest i'll run the SCR of the year awards as well ...?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The only Friday I can play in December is 20th but already booked up a pi$$ up, other Fridays are taken up by work.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,682
    I live in Scotland. Can we meet in Morpeth? Thats about half way.
  • redvee
    As a location, can I suggest a brewery :lol:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I live in Scotland. Can we meet in Morpeth? Thats about half way.

Joiners Arms does a fine selection of well kept ales.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    I went for the 6th and 20th, thought it best to avoid the 13th as having a hangover for my daughter's birthday might be bad form.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I went for the 6th and 20th, thought it best to avoid the 13th as having a hangover for my daughter's birthday might be bad form.
    We don't mind it, come as you are! ;)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Having been MIA for a while I thought I'd attempt to brave the winter cold and show my face. Any date is currently good for me.
  • I'll try my best to turn up this time. All dates are as good as the other so far.
  • itboffin
    I'll pop in on Friday and see what availability they have, after all it wouldnt be right to go anywhere else and you know I kinda like beerZ
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    I can do any of the above. Not that I really drink or anything- last time ended in disaster.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • itboffin
    Free first pint tomorrow in the 'perth 8)
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    Much as I like beer, especially free beer. Perth seems like a long way to go for a free pint.
  • redvee
    Veronese68 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Much as I like beer, especially free beer. Perth seems like a long way to go for a free pint.

Got to be worth the journey to see ITB get his wallet out, short arms, deep pockets etc.
  • itboffin
    As if I'd be buying, its the pubs birthday
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I'm in and easy on dates. Cheers Boffin.
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    As I've only started commuting can I still come along and meet a few of you guys? Maybe get some tips from seasoned pro's?
  • itboffin
    Although the Morpeth have been in touch a few times with me to see what we might want to do this year, alas I've pretty seriously injured myself (slipped disc) so getting up in the morning is a bit of a challenge let alone trying to organise this event.

That said I will again try and pop along tomorrow evening and yes all are welcome no matter how new or experienced you are - non drinkers will be made to stand in the corner facing the wall :twisted:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    itboffin wrote:
    Although the Morpeth have been in touch a few times with me to see what we might want to do this year, alas I've pretty seriously injured myself (slipped disc) so getting up in the morning is a bit of a challenge let alone trying to organise this event.

That said I will again try and pop along tomorrow evening and yes all are welcome no matter how new or experienced you are - non drinkers will be made to stand in the corner facing the wall :twisted:

That is just plain unfair.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • itboffin
    Well all those Dec. dates are now fully booked, so either we look for a new location or we quickly agree a Nov date?

I need to know firm numbers as well
  • veronese68
    Is the 29th still free?
    Given that only 3* of us made it for a summer drink should we just use the little room at the back?

* 4 including a flying visit from Hegyestomi
  • itboffin
    Yes i think it was
  • veronese68
    I can do the 29th. Changed my vote.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Yep, lets just go for 29th if that's what's left
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    I changed my vote to the 29th but then realised that's actually my wifes birthday so perhaps not a good idea for me to attend.
  • itboffin
    What we have done in the past is met at the Morpeth then rolled around the corner to a rather nice indian restaurant, that's always an option as is another pub?
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    I changed my vote to the 29th but then realised that's actually my wifes birthday so perhaps not a good idea for me to attend.
    Are you married to my sister? Scarily you'd be a vast improvement on the current arsehat.
    Going for a ruby round the corner sounds good. Although that kind of plan often ends in nobody leaving the pub and it getting very messy. That's an observation, not a complaint.
  • itboffin
    your analysis of the situation is spot on but luckily the restaurant is open later than the pub

So this sister of yours ....