New Sunglasses

crobinson78
crobinson78 Posts: 12
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend a pair of interchangeable lens sunglasses. Oakley are way too expensive. I have been wearing a budget pair which are fixed lens and don't suit on dull days. I am looking to buy a reasonably priced but half decent pair.
Also can anyone justify the price of Oakley to me??

Comments

• Nick_M
    Nick_M Posts: 58
    Have a look at Sunwise Sunglasses on amazon.co.uk. I have a pair with four sets of interchangeable lenses that were about £25 and are really rather nice. I bought them because they include clear lenses to offer protection from midges on late evening rides. Good end-of-summer discounts coming through online now.

EDIT - my posh pair of sunnies are Tifosi photochromics for about £70 from Cadence in Bath. Very nice indeed.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Power Race Tornado £19.99-£29.99 at Planet X :)
  • theres already a thread on this here :
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12938557

I found the best way to go was Safety glasses - they are cheap, light and perform exactly the same way. With cycle glasses you end up paying more for name. I bust a £50 pair after they dropped out of my helmet - was recommended to use safety glasses and never looked back. !

+ they offer better field of vision.
  • bigaac
    bigaac Posts: 72
    decathlon do various lens sunglasses for £6 a pair. i just bought 3 pairs. Really comfortable fit and very durable
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720

I found the best way to go was Safety glasses - they are cheap, light and perform exactly the same way.

+ they offer better field of vision.

+1
    a tip to stop lenses misting (not mine, saw it on YouTube), coat both side of the lens with shampoo (any shampoo would do i think, I use a cheap one from Aldi). Coat them, let them dry and buff them with a very soft clothe, guarantee it won't mist, I use my glasses for MTBing and you do get hot and puff out on climb.

JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )