Eurobike!

2»

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    haha, at least it offers options rather than just the nobby nicks which i don't really like
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Schwalbe do a 650b Hans Dampf in 2.25, mainly to fit bikes with little clearance or for 26ers converted to 650b. Mind you there are some 650b specific that can't fit a 2.35 HD, which is a serious downside IMO!
  • ej2320
    lawman wrote:
    Schwalbe do a 650b Hans Dampf in 2.25, mainly to fit bikes with little clearance or for 26ers converted to 650b. Mind you there are some 650b specific that can't fit a 2.35 HD, which is a serious downside IMO!

some dodgy sizing going on there then.. and the HD has the changeable dropouts right?

Also.., you're sponsored by conti? how come :)
  • lawman
    ej2320 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

some dodgy sizing going on there then.. and the HD has the changeable dropouts right?

HD was short for Hans Dampf, so I'd be worried if it had changeable dropouts ;) My Mojo HD or any mojo doesn't have changeable dropouts, a 2.35 Hans Dampf fits with room to spare with a 26" wheel, but you can't fit a 650b 2.35 in it. The HD-R is exactly te same as the standard HD with a different shock mount and shock for the 130mm 650b conversion, it's basically a lighter HD with less travel and bugger all tyre clearance. They just used a new carbon molding technology they first used on the SLR, changed the lower link so you can fit ISCG tabs and that's about it. Hardly a new bike and Ibis has lost a huge amount of credibility for doing so. I won't be getting another that's for sure unless they change the way they do things.
  • lawman
    All the riders at my university have a deal with Conti, one of the benefits of going there :lol:
  • ej2320
    lawman wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

HD was short for Hans Dampf, so I'd be worried if it had changeable dropouts ;) My Mojo HD or any mojo doesn't have changeable dropouts, a 2.35 Hans Dampf fits with room to spare with a 26" wheel, but you can't fit a 650b 2.35 in it. The HD-R is exactly te same as the standard HD with a different shock mount and shock for the 130mm 650b conversion, it's basically a lighter HD with less travel and bugger all tyre clearance. They just used a new carbon molding technology they first used on the SLR, changed the lower link so you can fit ISCG tabs and that's about it. Hardly a new bike and Ibis has lost a huge amount of credibility for doing so. I won't be getting another that's for sure unless they change the way they do things.

:oops:

I thought you were on about the mojo haha
    oh right, I knew they had 650b compatibility but thought it was done though an interchangeable dropout system like Banshee

I can't afford an Ibis anyway :L

That's a pretty awesome deal you have with continental :) which uni are you at?
    I'll be applying soon.. pretty stoked on Cardiff or Edinburgh (Plus there's some great local riding!)
  • Hob Nob
    Hob Nob Posts: 200
    lawman wrote:
    Still early days to say what really stands out, but the new DVO prototype Enduro fork looks very interesting. If they can put it out at the weight and the spec they say and for a reasonable price then it could be a very, very good fork.

It's not going to be cheap. They have already stated its going to be top end Fox money, as is the Emerald DH fork, which is the same price as the current 40 (£1800).

Pocket change from a £1000 I would imagine, as most Fox retail around that point, because of the lack of OE market & low production quantities & hype, people are already fighting for them. Full money for them!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I don't see the appeal of getting shiny new kit as soon as it comes out. New products always have teething problems. The first generation will have issues, it's the same with everything. It needs time for reliability issues to show up before they can fix them for the second generation.
    The first generation Nukeproof's had strength issues. The first Reverbs had dodgy oil seals. The first new generation Marzocchi's just died spectacularly and regularly but they all got fixed. The first generation Evil downhill bikes fell apart I would rather wait until after they fix them before buying one.
  • Don't those Rocky Mountains use Bushings instead of bearings? Huge downside IMHO
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Don't those Rocky Mountains use Bushings instead of bearings? Huge downside IMHO

Why? Low speed, part rotation, dirty application. Sounds perfect for bushings. Not sure exactly what they use but Igus bushes would be perfect.