Hit my bike and I'll hit your car!

d87francis
d87francis Posts: 136
edited August 2013 in Commuting chat
Apologies if this is a re-post!

When a passenger throws a cyclists bike during a dispute with a driver, things escalate.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2eb_1377596404

Comments

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Appalling behaviour by all concerned really
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • hegyestomi
    hegyestomi Posts: 504
    His bike would be gone in London by the time he walked to the mirror!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Bloke in flip flops fights bloke in cleats. Both blokes are fairly big - but both manage to look pretty silly....
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Few things:

1. Nothing more annoying than watching your wing mirrors get kicked, hit off your car.

2. This is only equaled by someone picking up your bike and throwing it to the ground and/or then stamping on it.

3. If you're gonna get out your car and do the slow 'pub man' walk to fight a guy in slippery shoes, and who can't balance, then you really shouldn't be the guy going down after a punch.

4. It is really annoying when you're having an argument and some stupid woman has got it in her head that it is OK for her to not only square up to you but also start hitting your head. It is irritating when it happens and irritating to watch. Yet, if the guy unloaded on her or grabbed her boob, for self defense of course, he'd somehow be in the wrong (no doubt screaming, "I'm a woman how could you hit me" Just like the guy he floored, she shouldn't have hit him first end of).
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Shocking. He really should have been wearing a helmet.
  • Just as well the cyclist was a big guy. I'd have liked to have seen him punch that woman in the face. Sorry but you can't go hitting people and then assume since you're a woman you won't get hit back. I'm all for equality.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    This is what happens when you take PEDs. It affects your temperament and judgement.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.