New saddles - Recovering old favourites

russyh
russyh Posts: 1,375
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Right, bit of a weird one this. I am trying to find a manufacturer of a black, yellow and white saddle that will match the colour scheme on my Scott CR1, the standard Syncros scott saddle i have weights about the same as one of my legs so i would like a lighter saddle that matches the bike colours. So anyone got any ideas? My favourite saddle is a spesh Toupe 143, are there any companies that can recover one of these in my chosen colour scheme or am i going to have to stick with a boring all black unit?

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Russ.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    If all else fails, the Toupe is also available in white...
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    This fella will do you what ever you want. He's a real artist.

http://busymanbicycles.blogspot.co.uk/

However, a few drawbacks. He's in Oz and is expensive!
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Bobbinogs wrote:

To white for me, ideally I would buy something off the shelf in some matching colours. I suspect unless someone else has any ideas UK based I guess it will have to be a black toupe.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Russyh wrote:
    Bobbinogs wrote:

To white for me, ideally I would buy something off the shelf in some matching colours. I suspect unless someone else has any ideas UK based I guess it will have to be a black toupe.

People send Busyman saddles from all over the world - he's done quite a few saddles from UK customers
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    There are any number of vehicle upholsterers who could do something to your specification, but the leather may be thicker than you need for a bike saddle since weight seems to be a concern. Won't know without asking them.