Water in Tubulars

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited August 2013 in Road general
Having got absolutely soaked on Saturday riding in the downpour for 2 hours I made sure i cleaned the bike when i got home. There does seem to be a build up of water in the rear wheel (assume its wheel rather than tyre), not huge ammounts but enough to hear if pedalling on a quiet road.

Any thoughts on how i can get rid of it without taking the tyre off and also will it damage the wheel at all?
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    There should be a hole in the carbon fibre ? Spin the wheel gently until it pours out ?

And no it wont damage it.
  • simonhead
    cougie wrote:
    There should be a hole in the carbon fibre ? Spin the wheel gently until it pours out ?

And no it wont damage it.

Alas, cant find a hole anywhere (except for the valve and spoke holes).
  • What sort of rims have you got?

The only way I've found of getting water from a rim if there is no hole as Cougie describes (which there might not be if they are quite shallow rims) is to remove the tyre/tub and drain from the valve hole.
  • simonhead
    What sort of rims have you got?

The only way I've found of getting water from a rim if there is no hole as Cougie describes (which there might not be if they are quite shallow rims) is to remove the tyre/tub and drain from the valve hole.

Its the planet x pro carbon 50, gonna mail them, it should dry out eventually but keen to find a solution as i intend to use the bike for winter weekends.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Weird cos their clinchers have drainage holes.

I'm not keen on tubs for wet and cold rides. I well remember trying to get a tub to stick on a bloody cold and biblically wet Xmas eve ride one year.
  • cougie wrote:
    Weird cos their clinchers have drainage holes.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised as well. I think every deep rimmed wheel I've had has had a drainage hole. Oh well, see what Planet X have to say about it.