Saddle height

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Just curiosity really - how high is your saddle from the floor? Everyone comments on mine being in the sky! 104cm.

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Out of interest I quickly had a measure as I needed to pop out to the bikes anyway.

The XC is 106cm, El Guano is 109.5cm and the roadie is 103cm.
  • supersonic
    Impressive! I suppose height would help lol, am 6ft with 35 leg, BB height is about 13 inches.
  • angry_bird
    I'm 182cm, so just a few mm shy 6ft (if anyone asks it's always 6' :wink:) Leg I don't know precisely and don't have a tape measure to hand but always seemed I have relatively long legs for my height. No idea on BB heights on the XC or roadie and I've just locked up, although I know the El Guano is 13.4 inches after all the faff it's been :roll:

For me the heights are just about bang on. Comfotable and efficient.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Hybrid MTB: 99cm
    Full suss MTB: 106cm BB height :33.5cm/13.2in

I'm just under 6ft too.
  • supersonic
    My I drive is a bit higher, but sags of course.
  • bennett_346
    No idea how high mine would be sagged, i'd guess a good 10cm lower? I keep the saddle height the same running the rear locked out though as it's spot on.
  • angry_bird
    No idea how high mine would be sagged, i'd guess a good 10cm lower? I keep the saddle height the same running the rear locked out though as it's spot on.

10cm lower through sag? Seems quite a bit, or maybe not, I don't know.

The real height that matters is the distance from BB to saddle though, assuming there's no funky suspension design at work it should stay constant right?
  • bennett_346
    Maybe, was just a guess. I don't know that it stays a static distance from the BB though, I can feel the distance to the pedals decrease if I'm sat down and go through a dip. No funky pivot system, it's FSR.

Someone more intelligent can correct me.
  • angry_bird
    I don't know that it stays a static distance from the BB though, I can feel the distance to the pedals decrease if I'm sat down and go through a dip. No funky pivot system, it's FSR.

Someone more intelligent can correct me.

Yeah, I dunno either to be honest, just that there's a big metal tube between the BB and saddle on my bike at least so that distance won't change, but the relative height I guess could if the angles are changing through the travel? Too late on a Sunday to think about these things properly though.
  • bennett_346
    edited August 2013
    Angry bird wrote:
    Too late on a Sunday to think about these things properly though.
    Yeah it is lol, because I've just realised that of course it can't change on mine, the seat tube is connected to the BB shell, dope!
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    112cm, pretty much the same on all my bikes. I'm 6'5" with pretty long legs and 19" frames on the mtb's so my saddles are sky high!
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    103cm, and a tiny 5ft 10"
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500