Best dropper seatpost

rave81
rave81 Posts: 57
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Can you please recommend the most durable, reliable and serviceable dropper seatpost.

Comments

• I have never had any issues with the newer Reverbs.
  • sharky1029
    sharky1029 Posts: 188
    My reverb has never needed a bleed and is still working perfectly.
    Also the hydraulic hose removes the issue with mud clogged cables which has been a problem with many others however I have seen reviews in dryer climates that say these are fine.
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    Another vote for the reverb here. I have a stealth one as my frame is designed for it - works perfectly. I hear very good things about the KS Lev too (a cable post where the cable enters at the bottom of the post just above frame collar so the cable doesn't move around and get in the way or rub large sections of frame etc).
  • Gravity dropper if you can get over the fact it's a munter.

- Lighter than the reverb.
    - Simplest dropper around in terms of user serviceability.
    - None of the cable bulge nonsense associated with (regular) reverbs.
    - Works with 27.2mm seat-tubes

I should add that I currently run a Reverb, but I have previously run 2x Gravity droppers a KS, and a Joplin.
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    I should add that I currently run a Reverb.

lol - Thats bit like Top Gear's advice. "Which is the best one?" - " The Gravity dropper..." - "Which one would you buy?" - "The Reverb!!"
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    The only reason I run a reverb as opposed to a gravity dropper is because it was cheaper when I was looking. I've used a GD on someone else bike before and it does exactly the same job, like CWNT says, it's much simpler and lighter but is fugly.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    From user feedback on forums to me the Gravity Dropper seems the most reliable and is the easiest to service.

The Reverb and LEV have very few complaints too and are not far behind but are are also a bit harder to service.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Doesn't the GD have less drop as well? And is there a remote version?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    They do 3,4 and 5" drops, and yes they have remote versions. Hotlines is supposedly getting stock at the end of this month.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Its more expensive but the only one I would buy is the Specialized Command Post. It works better than a reverb and they dont seem to get loose like most do. I know people who have been using Command posts for years without servicing them and they still work well.