Creaking Charge Spoon Ti

mac-cos
mac-cos Posts: 80
edited September 2013 in MTB general
My month old Charge Spoon Ti saddle is starting to creak at the front and back where the ti rails fit. Is this a sign of an impending saddle failure or is it a feature of the spoon saddle? I rather not be trundling down my local hills and find it dissappears from under my butt leaving me with rails poking me in unpleasant places.

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Seeing as it's only a month old I'd take it back a try and get a replacement

Creaking happens on a lot of saddles, mine does it and I just put some GT85 in the bit where the rail connects to the seat part and it sorts it for a while
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Where the rail enters the hull of the saddle, drop some thick oil in there, make sure to tilt the saddle appropriately to allow the oil to drip in and settle. Wipe off the excess and it should quieten down.

GT85 is only of use until it's evaporated.
  • mac-cos
    mac-cos Posts: 80
    Ta , I was worried it was going to collapse and spear me nuts, not too bothered about the noise though i'll have a go at quietening it down .
  • LeeJay
    LeeJay Posts: 25
    Tighten the bolts on the top of your seatpost. After a few rides mine has done this.
  • LeeJay wrote:
    Tighten the bolts on the top of your seatpost. After a few rides mine has done this.
    Ta this seems to have sorted it they had worked a little loose since fitting..