Websites

ej2320
ej2320 Posts: 1,543
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know of some less talked about EU online mtb sites that have good prices on components?

I know about the big UK, French and German sites but can you suggest any cheap websites that are more unknown and don't tend to come up on search results

Thanks

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I some times do a search on google.de (ie Germany's google wepage) which returns different results to using google.co.uk
  • ej2320
    Ahhh yea, good idea. Most have an English version of the page
  • jairaj
    or use Goggle translate which can covert web pages. Usually does a decent job. It can falter on some of the biking jargon but its usually easy to figure out what they are trying to say
  • ej2320
    ok, I'll try that.. I use chrome which detects and translates for me anyway :)

For the German sites, if there was an issue would they understand an English email?

Also, I'm never quite sure on this, the get the price in pounds can I just put it in a conversion website or is it more complicated than that when buying in Euros....? I ask you because I'm guessing you've bought some stuff from German sites before.. correct me is I'm wrong
  • mac-cos
    mac-cos Posts: 80
    ej2320 wrote:

For the German sites, if there was an issue would they understand an English email?

Also, I'm never quite sure on this, the get the price in pounds can I just put it in a conversion website or is it more complicated than that when buying in Euros....? I ask you because I'm guessing you've bought some stuff from German sites before.. correct me is I'm wrong
    From my experience most Germans can speak /use english netter than most of the peops in the UK. Just ordered some tyres of one of the DE sites and emailed them due to a fekup in shipping address and they responded fine to my english email.
  • ej2320
    Mac-cos wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

From my experience most Germans can speak /use english netter than most of the peops in the UK. Just ordered some tyres of one of the DE sites and emailed them due to a fekup in shipping address and they responded fine to my english email.

I wasn't dismissing their ability to speak English and totally agree they speak it better than most of us!
    It's just some sites don't give a translate option so was curious..

That's good to hear, about the price, did the conversion of the euro to pounds just follow the standard exchange rate?
  • jairaj
    I've only browsed the non english websites not actually bought or had to contact the shop about anything. I would just put email them in English with a goggle translated copy below it.

As for the currency conversion, the converted Pounds price on the webiste was very similar with the going exchange rate at the time, so I went with that. I didn't want to pay in Euros only for my bank to charge me some other silly rate or other fees.
  • mac-cos
    mac-cos Posts: 80
    ej2320 wrote:
    Mac-cos wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

I wasn't dismissing their ability to speak English and totally agree they speak it better than most of us!
    It's just some sites don't give a translate option so was curious..

That's good to hear, about the price, did the conversion of the euro to pounds just follow the standard exchange rate?
    I didnt calculate the exchange rate given, mainly as it was still shedloads cheaper than any UK sites I'd checked out .