seatstay bushes

Bigun6767
Bigun6767 Posts: 81
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I wonder if you can help me with this? I have a Marin East Peak 5.5 2012 model.I purchased this bike new in March this year and the seatstay bushes have worn out already. (Where the seatstays join the chainstays).I have tried numerous places to get them, my local bike shop (marin dealers!) and even the Marin Bikes web site...nothing listed! I have also tried other web sites for bearing/bush kits but they only stock kits for marin quad links . I'm afraid I will end up ruining my frame.Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Marin have a lifetime guarantee so back to where you bought it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yeah Cooldad I thought that too, but apparently they only guarantee the pivot bearings and not the bushes!My local Marin "Pro" Dealer was totally unaware of the lifetime policy on bearings..i had to quote it to him from a recent review in one of the mtb mags! It's my first full sus bike,which I love riding but the complete lack of manufacturer's back up is really starting to get on my wick! Can anyone suggest where I can get spares from?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    These guys are the distributors, but they wouldn't normally deal with the public - you could have a whinge about your LBS though. Sound a bit rubbish.
    http://www.atb-sales.co.uk/index1.html
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    cooldad wrote:
    These guys are the distributors, but they wouldn't normally deal with the public - you could have a whinge about your LBS though. Sound a bit rubbish.
    http://www.atb-sales.co.uk/index1.html
    Yeah, give them a call, they'll sort you out.

My trusted local Marin dealer/bike shop had gone under, leaving only one horrible place locally, with a horrifying reputation. I called ATB, they understood, and offered to deal with an alternative place.
    They've never not been helpful.