Do you ride to tunes?

j_l
j_l Posts: 425
edited August 2013 in MTB general
If so what do you listen to and what kit do you use.

I only listen when doing my local loops that I know well and that keep me off the road.

iPod touch- with basic oem ear buds- can any one recommend some good but not to pricey wireless buds for riding?

Tunes- Pearl Jam, KYNG, Foo's, AC/DC, Tremonti, RHCP, etc etc.
I'm not old I'm Retro

Comments

• FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    I've always just used standard (wired) ear buds. They come in handy if you need to take a bud out for a bit, either to ride on road for a bit, chat to a passing mate etc etc. Just hang them through your helmet straps.

Having wireless would end up with you holding onto them and, almost certainly loosing them at some point.

New technology is not always better technology ;)

As for tunes - depends on trail and mood. Nothing beats a bit of angry music to get you down the hills quicker!
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    No. I find it affects my balance.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I've never heard of it, so can't say I ride there.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    i use these

http://www.klipsch.com/s4a-ii-headphones

connected to Samsung S2, usually on random.

I do have a playlist for uplifts though (Prodigy, Pendulum, Rage Against the Machine, Strata etc etc)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Cheap mp3 player loaded with a mix of industrial metal and stoner metal.
  • mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    I do sometimes when I'm riding on my own. Normally listen to something with a bit of energy to keep me going, usually electro such as Daft Punk, Justice etc. or some metal stuff.

Sony A845 16gb Walkman player with Seinheiser cx200 ear buds.
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Never, I can't think of anything worse. I listen to music in the gym when I don't want to hear other people or crappy gym music, when I'm out on the bike I want to hear the sounds of nature and the click of my freehub (and know when my creaky bottom bracket needs replacing).
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    mcnultycop wrote:
    when I'm out on the bike I want to hear the sounds of nature and the click of my freehub (and know when my creaky bottom bracket needs replacing).

+1 (apart from the noisy freehub).
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    mcnultycop wrote:
    when I'm out on the bike I want to hear the sounds of nature and the click of my freehub (and know when my creaky bottom bracket needs replacing).

+1 (apart from the noisy freehub).

+ many organic potatoes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Only on the ups when I need " help to breathe more easily "
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I listen to music in the bike park when riding on my own as I find doing top to bottom laps I rarely get passed and I tend to only chat to people on the lifts - out on regular trails and mixed road/off road I dont listen to music, want to hear the world around and bike under me.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Only on the ups when I need " help to breathe more easily "

Ha ha. I see what you did there. A second class ticket to Dottingham please...