***HELP Fox Float Evo 120mm HELP***

joerodman
joerodman Posts: 20
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys,

Today I fitted a new set of foam wipers, seals and new lower oil to my 2011-12 fox forks after giving them a good clean. It all went smoothly and I was very proud of myself. When I took them for a test ride they felt much more plush than before.

However, when I stated to tune the rebound from full speed to slower nothing happened. I also noticed the lockout did nothing,

Ive pulled the offending leg out of the top out the fork and inspected it. My untrained eye saw nothing wrong so i gave it blast with low pressure air and still nothing

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Hi mate you need to ensure the when you are servicing your forks that you put the the correct amount of oil in as to much can stop them work and so can to little you also need to ensure that you are using the correct weight of oil as this plays a massive roll im pretty sure that for fox forks you are surpose to you only there oils
    Hope this help Adam
  • JohnBurt
    JohnBurt Posts: 94
    Sounds like a low oil level to me, more damping fluid required.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    This is what you will need. Find your forks on there and it will tell you the type and volume of oil needed. It definitely sounds like lack of fluid in the damper as I had a the same issue with some Fox forks a while back.

When you remove the lowers, all of the oil from the damper side and spring side will flow down and out of the bottom, it is that oil you will be replacing via the top of the forks.
  • oxocube1 you beautiful man or woman!!!

I just re-drained the oil and replaced from the top (rather than bottom) on the damper side and it works perfectly.

Thanks
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    joerodman wrote:
    oxocube1 you beautiful man or woman!!!

I just re-drained the oil and replaced from the top (rather than bottom) on the damper side and it works perfectly.

Thanks

Man. And glad I could help!