What have I done to my Revelation 426 u-turn?

Mountainous Bicylist
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there,

Decided to service my Rockshox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn 100-130mm yesterday, which went reasonably smoothly except for reinstalling the dampner which was an absolute cunt to put back into the stanchion. Did all the o-rings and replaced the oil, cleaned everything with IPA etc. When finished I noticed I was missing about 15mm of travel - the fork would not extend past the 115mm mark on the stanchion, it should have a maximum of 130mm travel.

I took both stanchions apart again trying to figure out what I had done wrong, I was following the Rockshox tech manual and everything seemed to be in place but it still wont extend past 115mm. It also seemed quite sluggish and even 'sticky' when returning to 115mm. The U-Turn will still pull the fork up and reduce the travel though it pulls it past the 100mm mark which was the minimum when the fork was working correctly.

Any suggestions? Have I overlooked something simple?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I seem to remember something similar first time I serviced my Pikes. You need to make sure the u-turn assembly has been correctly assembled. I think it has to be wound right in when you put the air spring back in the stanchion.