Liverpool Loop Line (route 62?)

stephenlinden
stephenlinden Posts: 66
edited August 2013 in Commuting general
Hi

Probably a bit of a long shot but has anyone used this route in the dark? It's not lit and it's about the best route I can use for commuting without a lot of messing around with main roads and junctions. I'm just concerned about safety around the Norris Green section.

Due to the delay in getting my bike to work scheme bike (6 weeks so far) it looks like I'll be starting when it's dark in the morning, which probably won't be too bad - how many dodgy people will be up at 6:00 - but evening rides down an unlit cycle path might be a bit iffy.

Comments

• Is it not do able to leave the route by Muirhead Avenue and pick it up again when you reach Walton Hall Avenue on your way home....with a decent set of lights I don't think it would be too bad, the path is quite wide, and as you say there would be no one around at 6am.

Dave
  • That's a possibility. I was looking at the various roads and there are some that are parallel to the loop line but some are fairly busy and it involves a bit of messing about.

Most of the time it's been OK but I've only ever been along there on weekends when the most dangerous things are dogs and unobservant pedestrians on phones.