Afan forest W2

ej2320
ej2320 Posts: 1,543
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which visitor center it's better to start from as you can start with either Y Wal or Whites Level..?

thanks

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    White's Level starts near Glyncorrwg, Y Wal starts at the Forest Park centre. It doesn't really matter which you start at, both have cafe and bike shop/wash and showers.

I think the initial climb from Glyncorrwg is steeper. If you start from the Forest Park the climb is half way around and you don't have to do it all which would be my preferred way of doing it.

Having said that, the descent at the end of White's Level is awesome and a great end to the ride. Y Wal was a bit of a disappointment for me (although a fair chunk of it was closed when I went) and I think it's better as a bit of mid ride mediocrity.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I always go for a lunch stop at Glyncorrwygygwoowoo as the cafe is better so I start from Afan.

I found Whites a bit of a let down with the recent revamp but its still worth going - will head back once Penhydd reopens to see whata mess Cognation have made of that.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    I always go for a lunch stop at Glyncorrwygygwoowoo as the cafe is better so I start from Afan.

I found Whites a bit of a let down with the recent revamp but its still worth going - will head back once Penhydd reopens to see whata mess Cognation have made of that.

thanks, that's what I wanted to hear

that and the fact the guy above says the climb is a bit easier to satrt I think I'll start at afan