gist bib shorts

vin31
vin31 Posts: 23
edited August 2013 in Road beginners
i've been having an issue with my gist bib shorts riding up at the crotch which effectively leaves me riding on little or no pad, i'm 5'10 11st 2 and wear a medium, they fit well otherwise. the first time or two I thought they may just need bedding in however after a sportive yesterday I was in quite a bit of pain. have i just been unlucky in my choice of shorts or is this a common issue. thanks.

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Nope, not a common issue. I would try a different pair of shorts.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    A decent pair of shorts that fit well won't ride up. How can they move ?
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    cougie wrote:
    How can they move ?

That's what I wondered. I use cycing shorts rather than bib shorts, but I can't get my head around the pad moving from where it is supposed to be? Once your legs are in the leg-holes (which I make a wild assumption that that is the normal way of wearing them? :wink:), there isn't much scope for the pad to move far surely? OP - are you sure you don't just need a smaller size?
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Schoie81 wrote:
    cougie wrote:
    How can they move ?

That's what I wondered. I use cycing shorts rather than bib shorts, but I can't get my head around the pad moving from where it is supposed to be? Once your legs are in the leg-holes (which I make a wild assumption that that is the normal way of wearing them? :wink:), there isn't much scope for the pad to move far surely? OP - are you sure you don't just need a smaller size?

Cycling shorts are bib shorts.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    declan1 wrote:
    Cycling shorts are bib shorts.

Mine aren't!! They're just lycra shorts with padding between me and the saddle - they aren't bib shorts. I call them cycling shorts - you certainly wouldn't catch me wearing them for anything other than cycling!! :wink:
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • vin31
    vin31 Posts: 23
    i don't think i could comfortably get my thighs into a smaller size tbh the legs are tight as it is, i have a small waist etc so maybe am just awkward to fit? i have a pair of lusso bibs that are also a medium and fit fine, if anything i would say they are bigger than the gist ones but although they have a gel apd they ain't overly comfortable.

thanks for the replies so far.