worst travel destinations/holidays and why?

2»

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Cornwall in high summer ie school hols, unless you know the place, its over priced, over crowded and under sunned :)
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    Turkey, Celis beach, food good, weather ok, sea lovely, scenery beautiful...but everywhere full of fat wobbly tattooed Brits drinking beer all day.

Try the Caribbean, just change Brits for Americans and you're in hell.
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Luckily I've never had a really bad trip away so all I can offer is Copenhagen for being a little bit dull. Mind you, all the lean lithe women biking around went a long way towards counter-acting it, a great advert for cycling if ever there was one.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    . . .full of fat wobbly tattooed Brits drinking beer all day.

This is a negative for a number of places I've been - in Ibiza I pretended to be German to avoid talking to them. Funnily enough a holiday in Norfolk or the Lakes (to pick just two UK examples) is a good way to avoid the worst of the Brit holidaymakers
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    mamba80 wrote:
    Cornwall in high summer ie school hols, unless you know the place, its over priced, over crowded and under sunned :)

+1

Try Brittany; cheaper, no crowds, and a bit more sun!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Genoa. An utter sh*thole of a place.

Me and the missus decided on a short break of a few nights in Nice and then a train down the coast to Genoa for a couple of nights there. Why we decided on Genoa remains misted in accusation and recrimination. Lovely medieval alleyways but full of prostitutes. Lovely inner-city parks but full of used needles. Everything cost a bloody fortune as well.

In retrospect I should have gone there about 500 years earlier.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,945
    Blaenau Ffestiniog is the most depressing place I've ever been. We went there when we got off the Ffestiniog Railway, it seemed like the logical thing to do, but we really should have stayed on the train.

Rimini is one of the foreign dumps that springs to mind, but it was so long ago I can't recall why other than it being Skeggy with sun but minus the charm. :roll: .

Having seen a few of the Greek 18 y.o. hotspots, I tend to avoid them, if I wanted to watch people getting drunk and being sick I could do that in Nottingham.

The older I get, the better I was.

• mamba80 wrote:

+1

no ulterior motive there!!!

i will hear nothing against cornwall. just so long as you go to the right places, and avoid the honeypots.
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Morrocco. I am not a cash machine. I did turn into a chocolate milkshake making machine though :oops:
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    mamba80 wrote:

+1

no ulterior motive there!!!

i will hear nothing against cornwall. just so long as you go to the right places, and avoid the honeypots.

I'm biased, fair cop! I have a business to run.....!

We're often in Cornwall, as my wife's family live there, but I have to say, I don't really enjoy the cycling there very much; much busier traffic, worse weather, poorer road surfaces, more dangerous due to high hedgerows and narrow roads - all the roads here are much wider, even the B roads, and they all have a grassy margin of 2m or so, so that tractors don't squash you!
  • certably wouldnt cycle there, the lanes are a death trap, es[pecially with all the p*ssed up/dope*d up surfers.and stag doers.

but stick me ont he first tee at trevose, followed by an afternoon of body boarding on constantine or boobys bay followed by an evening bbq and i cant think of too many places id rather be. so long as its clement.