Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Integrated seat post issues?!?!?!

fevvsfevvs Posts: 79
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi, I have a Battaglin C13 bike bought through Planet X, it has an aero seat tube with a ritchey mast topper. I have managed to over tighten it and the built in weak point on the mast topper has cracked, this means I can no longer properly tighten the clamp. I have searched the Internet and the only post with aero design was an internal post from fsa but it is too big for the opening on the frame. I have contacted planet x and Battaglin and am waiting for a reply, just thought I would see if anyone on here had any ideas!!

Cheers,

Tom

• imposter2.0imposter2.0 Posts: 11,964
    Can you not just buy a new mast topper?
  • fevvsfevvs Posts: 79
    I have tried but cannot find them for sale anywhere, seatpost a or toppers! Might be being thick but no one seems to make aero ones anymore!!!
  • racingcondorracingcondor Posts: 1,434
    Exactly why I won't buy a frame with anything but a round seat post unfortunately.

Other than going to Battaglin direct your best bet is to contact their distributers (not sure who other than Planet X that might be but I'd try some European ones as well).

If you find anyone with stock, buy 2.
  • GrillGrill Posts: 5,610
    You can get them direct from Ritchey. Check here for the size http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=299426 and if you don't see it send them an email or check the Ritchey Rep thread on roadbikereview.com.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Hi Tom
    Ive just bought a C13, Also from Planet X, did you use the 20mm carbon spacer supplied in the ritchey bag? they have said it sit's inside the mast stopper and from, is this true?