Trek Domane 6.2

2»

Comments

• speedo wrote:
    Admired by many :D

Desired by noone
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • john-b wrote:
    Just curious, did your Koppenberg frame come with a fixed derailleur hanger?

Yes, though it's not "one piece" but appears to be bonded to the carbon with rivets and some resin.
    It's a tour, not a race. But don't get in my way when I'm touring!!
  • stanthomas
    stanthomas Posts: 265
    This one has the tubeset of the Koppenberg...
    Yes, I thought the head tube looked shorter and was wondering whether you'd gone down a frame size. But is it the Koppenberg or the Classics Edition? Trek had said the Koppenberg was only available in the team colors (2014 black/white for 2015 retail sales) and the cable entries appear to be standard Domane.

Now I'm just waiting for you to build it up to see what you match to that paint job 8)
  • stanthomas wrote:
    This one has the tubeset of the Koppenberg...
    Yes, I thought the head tube looked shorter and was wondering whether you'd gone down a frame size. But is it the Koppenberg or the Classics Edition? Trek had said the Koppenberg was only available in the team colors (2014 black/white for 2015 retail sales) and the cable entries appear to be standard Domane.

Now I'm just waiting for you to build it up to see what you match to that paint job 8)

Snap :)

I went from a 58 to a 56.

This definitely has not got the Koppenberg tube geometries (head tube V top tube dimensions) but is steeper in the steering than the 'proper' 56. Has MUCH thicker down tube and top tube is quite a lot 'squarer'. And again, the cable entries are 'normal' (at the front). BUT. Cancellara's 2014 bike had front cable entries and was a Koppenberg geometry.....

Needless to say it's quite obvious it's a different mould than my old one, which was definitely a US build, as it was one of the first off the blocks. Not that it makes it any 'better' but more of a curiosity.

This definitely feels stiffer on the road and more direct. Very nice actually.

Build is quite boring, sorry. I refurbished it with the XXX components I already had and refitted the 6700 Ultegra, as I couldn't make my mind up on groupset! I may even go to 105 5800, with Ultegra chain and cluster. why? Black, Black, Black, AUD$400 difference and an overall saving of 100g. yep- the weight of a couple of energy bars. Perspective: I weigh 100kg~.....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Photos?
  • stanthomas
    ...Cancellara's 2014 bike had front cable entries and was a Koppenberg geometry.....
    I believe he used the Classics Edition for Paris-Roubaix and all 2013:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/04/gallery/pro-bike-fabian-cancellaras-trek-domane-roubaix_324373
    and the Koppenberg for everything else in 2014:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/04/gallery/pro-bike-gallery-fabian-cancellaras-trek-domane-classics-edition_322586.

If you're interested in determining which one you've got, the wheelbase for a standard 56cm Domane is 100.8, the Classics Edition 101.2 and Koppenberg 98.3. And mudguard eyes are on the fork but missing from the frame on the Classics Edition whereas there no eyes at all on the Koppenberg.
  • stanthomas wrote:
    ...Cancellara's 2014 bike had front cable entries and was a Koppenberg geometry.....
    I believe he used the Classics Edition for Paris-Roubaix and all 2013:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/04/gallery/pro-bike-fabian-cancellaras-trek-domane-roubaix_324373
    and the Koppenberg for everything else in 2014:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/04/gallery/pro-bike-gallery-fabian-cancellaras-trek-domane-classics-edition_322586.

If you're interested in determining which one you've got, the wheelbase for a standard 56cm Domane is 100.8, the Classics Edition 101.2 and Koppenberg 98.3. And mudguard eyes are on the fork but missing from the frame on the Classics Edition whereas there no eyes at all on the Koppenberg.

Cool.

Ok then. I have eyelets on forks AND frame, fixed rear derailleur, front cable entry & 101.2 wheelbase. My tubing matches the Classics edition also.

BUT

I have std. Domane Geometry. 175mm head tube etc.

aaaaaaand go.
  • Tape is good, would be starting to look bland without it.
  • coriordan wrote:
    Photos?

IMG_4307-M.jpg

IMG_4306-M.jpg

IMG_4300-M.jpg

IMG_4297-M.jpg

IMG_4294-M.jpg

IMG_4291-M.jpg

IMG_4290-M.jpg

IMG_4293-M.jpg
  • The wheels are loaners. I may keep them because carbon.

I have another few sets of wheels, Just picked up a set of Craftworx H Plus Son Archtype "Speed Aero" wheels.
    http://craftworx.com.au/h-plus-son-whee ... heels.html
  • stanthomas
    Looking good :D
    I especially like the touch on the OCLV 600 sticker.

You're right about going black, black, black. Anything else would detract from the frame.
    Almost a shame to get it dirty riding, I think I'd just want to hang it over the fireplace? :wink:
  • stanthomas wrote:
    Looking good :D
    I especially like the touch on the OCLV 600 sticker.

You're right about going black, black, black. Anything else would detract from the frame.
    Almost a shame to get it dirty riding, I think I'd just want to hang it over the fireplace? :wink:

The stem and saddle were a carry-over, but seem to work. if they were both black it would probably look a lot better. but there goes AUD$600....