So what happened to Cleat?

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
Has he been banned? Did he flounce? And why?

Comments

• skylark
    skylark Posts: 445
    I've heard they ban people quite frivolously here.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    He could be waiting in the wings, ready to lead us all to the land of milk and honey, or more likely eccles cakes and jelly babies.
    Or he could have buggered off to the Costas for 2 weeks of sun and sangria.
    Or, more sinisterly, the mods could have taken out a contract on him :cry: ,perhaps using the same guy that has recently come to the attention of the Met for rubbing out Diana?
    Scary times indeed.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I haven't seen Claire Balding on the Box for a while as well.

Unfortunately Charlotte Church was on the Radio with Wogan the other day.

(You would have thought the BBC had learnt about 70''s DJs and young girls by now)
  • ballysmate
    tim wand wrote:

(You would have thought the BBC had learnt about 70''s DJs and young girls by now)

CC is no longer the Voice of an Angel. She would kill Wogan now, make a right mess of him.
  • tim_wand
    Ballysmate wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

CC is no longer the Voice of an Angel. She would kill Wogan now, make a right mess of him.

It was a bit creepy though hearing him go on about how he had discovered her as a young sweet innocent 12 year old,

Sounded like something from Eddie Shahs defence trial.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hasn't been banned.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Hasn't been banned.

So where the feck is he? What have I missed?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    He's gone to a far better place, beyond the clouds, where everything is cute and fluffy...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Just to brief description of events. Mikey23 complains about a rude word, thread deleted. Copycat threads and a little provocation by members, bans and warnings by the moderation team. Cleat not happy, gone.

Mistakes made by both sides. But most people blame Mikey23
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Wow the drama !

I can hardly contain myself..
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    seanoconn wrote:
    Just to brief description of events. Mikey23 complains about a rude word, thread deleted. Copycat threads and a little provocation by members, bans and warnings by the moderation team. Cleat not happy, gone.

to be fair most people blame 'she who must be obeyed' and Mikey23 :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Speaking of bullying. Stop making personal attacks on Mikey23 please.
  • ballysmate
    What? This is supposed to be the place for banter. Yes, there have been posts directed at Mikey but to Mikey's credit, he has responded in good part and with humour. If he has complained, then fair enough, but have you intervened because you were offended on his behalf?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Read Mikey's posts before you accuse anyone please. Did I need to add a wink :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Where are these personal attacks ?
    This is exactly why I asked whether mods would have any training as to what is bullying and what isn't.
    If you can't ascertain what is or isn't bullying, then you shouldn't make comment on it.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Mikey23
    Snot fair ... Basically, whilst sitting at home feeling like crap two days after falling off me bike and smashing me self up with broken clavicle, ribs and punctured lung and stuck indoors while all is sunny and nice and everyone is out riding their bikes and I can't work, drive or cycle and did I say feeling like crap and high on painkillers and morphine I comes across a rude word on cakestop which I didn't think should be there and seemed against what I know to be bikeradars strict policy on language in what was otherwise a good thread started by a guy I respect and no one had flagged it so I found out that if I clicked on this button on the right a little box came up and I had to write stuff in it which I did saying I was surprised it was allowed etc etc and it was blocked and later appeared on bb and the guy who started it sent me a nice email and apologised and I sent an email back saying no worries mate, and when it came up on the forum, I manned up and admitted it was me and made some half baked joke about was it missus friendly.. And it kind of escalated into world war 3 and I didn't mean to upset anybody or cause anybody to leave and I'm really really sorry but don't think I did very much wrong or have to explain myself and I'm quite a decent bloke really....
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Snot fair ... Basically, whilst sitting at home feeling like crap two days after falling off me bike and smashing me self up with broken clavicle, ribs and punctured lung

Wow, have you ever mentioned you fell off your bike?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Snot fair ... Basically, whilst sitting at home feeling like crap two days after falling off me bike and smashing me self up with broken clavicle, ribs and punctured lung and stuck indoors while all is sunny and nice and everyone is out riding their bikes and I can't work, drive or cycle and did I say feeling like crap and high on painkillers and morphine I comes across a rude word on cakestop which I didn't think should be there and seemed against what I know to be bikeradars strict policy on language in what was otherwise a good thread started by a guy I respect and no one had flagged it so I found out that if I clicked on this button on the right a little box came up and I had to write stuff in it which I did saying I was surprised it was allowed etc etc and it was blocked and later appeared on bb and the guy who started it sent me a nice email and apologised and I sent an email back saying no worries mate, and when it came up on the forum, I manned up and admitted it was me and made some half baked joke about was it missus friendly.. And it kind of escalated into world war 3 and I didn't mean to upset anybody or cause anybody to leave and I'm really really sorry but don't think I did very much wrong or have to explain myself and I'm quite a decent bloke really....

Don't worry, we love you really :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Ballysmate wrote:
    This is supposed to be the place for banter.

No it's not.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Mikey23
    I know you do guys! Am reminded of the telly tubbies...

I think I've mentioned it about 150 times in the vague hope of getting some sympathy... Don't think it's working though
  • mtfu!
  • shit i'm extending my commute tomorrow, now i'm sure to stack it after the above comment!
  • tim_wand
    In light of recent media stories around the consequences of online bullying (Not saying this was the case here)
    and the actions that have been required by the likes of ASK.FM in changing its safety policies to protect users
    (Sorry Advertising revenue)

I d just like to say who the hell would want to be a Mod? Seems you can get done for Vicarious Liability for all sorts just because someone cant turn a lap top off.