Etape Mercia ?

RandG
RandG Posts: 779
edited August 2013 in Road general
Can't see anything about it on here (probably not looking enough) anyway....anyone do it today ?

Had a couple of friends do it, both of which said they reckoned it was harder that the Caledonia ?? Which I find strange as it was being touted as a beginners etape ??

Comments

• Baby Trek
    Baby Trek Posts: 118
    My husband did it and said the first bit was easy but it was hillier towards the end than he had expected. Unfortunately he got two punctures and also came off...so he was a bit disappointed with his time.
    He did not mention it to me until a week ago or I would have done it too! Oh well.
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    *googles Etape Mercia

HOW MUCH?? :shock:

A bit more money than I can justify I'm afraid.
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • thefog
    thefog Posts: 197
    I did it - my longest ride so far - managed an average 16.6mph so quite chuffed.

Was billed as the "easy" Etape but felt the last 20 miles were tough - lengthy sections of uphill that never ended!

Really enjoyed it though - personally raised over £700 for Marie Curie.
  • stepdavi
    stepdavi Posts: 135
    I enjoyed it. Back 25 miles were hilly. Quite long hills but some good descents too. 3hrs 40 here averaging 19.1 mph which I was happy with. And raised nearly £400 for Marie currie. Enjoyed a pint afterwards
    2016 diamondback heist 2.0
    2015 giant propel advanced 1
    2015 Genesis day one disc ss
    2014 giant roam 2
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    Baby Trek wrote:
    My husband did it and said the first bit was easy but it was hillier towards the end than he had expected. Unfortunately he got two punctures and also came off...so he was a bit disappointed with his time.
    He did not mention it to me until a week ago or I would have done it too! Oh well.

Richard?
  • Baby Trek
    Baby Trek Posts: 118
    Yes it was Richard! He has war wounds but survived and is off for a club ride tonight with Matlock boys...so cant be too bad. Think he was a bit annoyed to loose half an hour on his time more than anything.