superstar wheelsets

crispy1980
crispy1980 Posts: 310
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I'm tempted by a new wheelset from superstar. I'm thinking of going for an am set to give a bit more strength. What are the differences between the various hubs? I'm thinking of the basic black amx set or the trizoid set that are on offer for £150. Any one any experience of these wheels? Would the Wright be noticeable over my current xc set? They are Alex rims that came with my spesh xc pro

Comments

• crispy1980
    crispy1980 Posts: 310
    These ones, the others are sold out anyway
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=535
  • I have superstar switch evo hubs with mavic xm719 rims. I did want a hope wheelset but they were quite expensive.
    My superstar wheelset has been great. I weight 80 kg and ride quite hard. They are still true.
    I had to replace the bearings in the front wheel, but that is common.
    In my experience they are great value for money. All of the products on their website have customer reviews, have a butchers.
  • I had the DHX on my previous bike and the were great! I'm a 110kg guy and it runs like a dream. Superstar components are awesome. Definitely a great product for the money, much better than my previous Mavic wheels. The AMX have exactly the same specs as the DHX except the rim wight.
    Actual ride: Kona Satori 2012
    Custom Kona Dew Plus 2008

Previous rides:
    - Giant Rapid One (Broken in a accident)
    - Scott Genius MC40 (Stolen)
    - Orange Sub-Five (Broke the frame)
    - Orange G3 (Sold)
    - Orange Crush (Sold)