Canyon Nerve AL 29 Size

martinpetransky
martinpetransky Posts: 3
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

anyone riding the 29er Canyon Nerve. I'm 186cm (about 6'1''), 85cm inseam, and 62cm hands. Should I buy the L or M ?

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Use Canyons PPS, it will give you the answer. If it doesn't fit send it back.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    +1, just as a matter of scientifc research I used the PPS as everyone says my frame looks to small for me (feels just right to me!) basing my choice on their frame that is literally within mm of mine for all dimensions and angles, came back with the size I am riding.

If in doubt the smaller size of the two you think you fall between is usually better than the larger!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    edited August 2013
    I've got a Nerve 29er size large. The OP is a Large. Take a look at the reach and top tube length listed on the Canyon site. I'm 5' 11" with 87cm leg and could of got a medium but the bike would of been to cramped if I fit a shorter stem.
    The large also has a longer wheelbase and is a bit more stable.

IMG_1262.jpg

I've had my bike while, but if buying now, I'd wait 2 weeks for the Euro bike show for details of the Nerve 29er Spectral 130mm. It is probably going to be quite a bit more expensive though.

MB_Canyon_2014_Spectral_AL_29_100pcjpg3538172.jpg

The sweet spot in the standard range seems to be the 2014 Nerve 8.9. Full XT and Fox Fit for £ 1729

nerve-al-29-89_2014_c1024.jpg
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    I'm going to slightly dispute what others have said about Canyon's sizing guide, I did it and said I needed a small (5.9) I got the medium 7.9 29er and it is perfect, but in answer to your question, I'd suggest a L
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    For reference I found Canyon mountain bike sizing to be half a size smaller than Specialized and Giant. So a Nerve 29er size large is halfway between a Specialized Camber medium and large !

I'd ignore the Canyon fit calculator. It's set up for road bikes. It works quite well for that as long as you actually measure your inseam in cm and don't go down the lazy Britisher route of using your jean size. It recommended a Canyon that is almost exactly the same dimensions as my correct fit Cannondale Supersix size 56.
  • Thank you guys. I've also heard on other forums that the calculator is a size too small. I'll just go with the L. Thanks!