Rose Bikes account, call me stupid...

Siarm
Siarm Posts: 102
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Am trying to create an account, but our house has a name and not a number, but the website is having none of it. Says I need to put a number in.

How do you do it? :oops: :lol:

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    couldn't you just put a 0 and then put your house name in the first line of the address box?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    ahh. you are too Posh for Rose.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Siarm
    welshkev wrote:
    couldn't you just put a 0 and then put your house name in the first line of the address box?

Good shout, will give that a try.

nicklouse wrote:
    ahh. you are too Posh for Rose.

Oh, I'll get my butler to create an account then, as he lives in a house on the grounds with a number... :lol:
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    My Grandparent's house has a name, but was issued with a number by t'Post Office a good few years back now - I thought it was a national roll out to be honest...

Had the same problem at my last place when Thames Water wouldn't accept "The Coach House" - but transpired it was also known as "Flat 7"...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The house I grew up in was a farmhouse, address was farmhouse name, village, town, county.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Siarm
    I emailed Rose they came back saying to just put a '.' in the number field which has worked.
    Should have an option for house number or name really, would make it more user friendly.

Thanks for the help all. :)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    TommyEss wrote:
    My Grandparent's house has a name, but was issued with a number by t'Post Office a good few years back now - I thought it was a national roll out to be honest...
    Yeah... I thought all houses had numbers, but some owners decided to call them by a name?
  • Siarm
    Lived in quite a few houses with names, only one I can think of had a number, afaik the others haven't a number, but as said post office may have issued one, but I dunno what it is. Name sounds better than number anyway... :lol:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    name sounds more pretentious, I'll give you that :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not always.
    I call my flat the Shithole.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Siarm