Hybrid bike tyres

ecneps
ecneps Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in Commuting general
Hi
I have Tyres on my hybrid bike which are size 700x38c ,I want some slicks or tyres with less rolling resistance could I go down to size 32 is this possible or would I be better off staying with the 38 's and getting a more smoother tyre
many thanks

Comments

• Yes that should be fine. I started with 35c and put 28c on and it did make me faster - but not by very much, the ride was harsher too.

If you are doing on road riding then you should get a slick tyre with minimal tread.
  • I've been using Schwalbe marathon plus since may 2012, I cycle up to 100 weekly and hav'nt had a puncture yet.They are heavier than normal road tyres but I've not had to stop in the pissing rain yet :D

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/e ... -prod24544
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Depends what you prefer. Narrower tyres provide a less comfortable ride, as mark has said, and don't necessarily have lower rolling resistance.

The Schwalbe Marathon in 35 or 38? SJS still have the kevlar version in 40 and 45mm (£12 each). Or the Durano 32mm (£15). This will roll faster because it's a lighter, more supple tyre, not due to the width.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.