Clueless! Need a bit of help (please~)

Oscar14
Oscar14 Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hello everyone,
Just need a bit of guidance on what to get.. basically i bought a specialized Hard rock bike half a year ago.. everything was perfect until.. yet again... a ******* stole the front wheel (At least not the whole bike like last time). So, now that im trying to to repair it and get into cycling again, i been looking around ebay and buying what i need, so far i got:

2x Schwalbe City Jet's 26'' x 1.95 ( Are this ok? Mainly for fast cycling in the city.) Got 2 so it would match the back wheel <_<.. i think they are an upgrade anyways.
2x Slime inner tubes (Presta)

And now where i have no idea is on which rimms to get? :/ i dont want to spend to much money, so really dont mind second hand on ebay. (The rim i have in the back are alexrims specialized, should i keep those or replace?)

So my main question is, do you guys have any suggestions as to which rim/ms to get? & Anything else i will have to also buy in order to finally be able to ride my bike again?

Thanks a lot for your time and help guys! really appreciate it!

Oscar

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Any 26" mountain bike wheel that suites your brakes (disc or rim?) and axle (most likley QR? if riding in the city get some bolt through skewers for better security).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Try one of these and pick the one that suits your brakes (rim or disc) - http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/wheels/mountain-bike-wheels/sale-wheels/shimano-deore-mach-mtb-wheel-sale-26.html

Not a bad price and respected wheel builders.

Buy a second lock for your front wheel - always lock frame and rear to something and front wheel to the frame (and something else if possible) - locking skewers is worth while but I'd still chuck the extra lock on too!

Hope no one nicks the new wheel
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.