Rochdale Town Centre, Carrera bike stolen

BlueTaylor
BlueTaylor Posts: 43
edited August 2013 in MTB stolen
My Carrera Bike has been stolen from outside Barclays Bank sometime between 9-4 today. I had locked it up there with 2 locks 1 on frame and 1 around quick release wheel. No sign of the locks around. Police were rang who will be checking the banks CCTV tomorrow, however I did go in the bank and ask myself and the cashier said the cameras didn't cover that area as only on the ATMs

Comments

• I actually think I have come across my stolen bike on Gumtree. The seller has a few bikes that he's selling and few "dodgy" watches, aftershave "which has been sprayed once/twice" tubs of protein "that have been used once or twice. All just add to my suspicion.

What should I do?
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Link?

Casually ask the seller about the bike.. Do they have the receipt? Where did the buy it? Any frame markings? (if there's a mark you know of that is noticeable) why are they selling? .. ect. Just act as an interested buyer. If you're certain it's yours try and get the frame number, You should have this on record at home. Then tell the police to suspect it's yours
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Or better just go to view it and if you are sure it's yours ride off on it, or call 999 once there if things kick off.