edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Has anyone used these guys before? They're based in Spain:

http://www.bikeinn.com/

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,896
    Has anyone used these guys before? They're based in Spain:

http://www.bikeinn.com/

I nearly did for some Mavic shoes, but then googled for reviews, and found some bad ones, so decided not to risk it.

I would weigh it up on the risk factor, ie the cost of the item, and difficulty to return if need be, and how much you could save.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    I haven't used them before, but I have used bike-discount.de on numerous occasions and they are very good for price, customer service and fast delivery.

Depends if they have what you want though I guess.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,896
    Ride hard wrote:
    I haven't used them before, but I have used bike-discount.de on numerous occasions and they are very good for price, customer service and fast delivery.

Depends if they have what you want though I guess.

Bike discount and bike24 I have had very good dealings with.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Used them.

horrific experience and very poor communication. Never again.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I bought a jacket from TrekInn earlier this year - wasn't until I pressed order, realised they were in Spain. Was delivered in good time though, so no problems.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    I have used them twice to buy glasses, fine if your not in a hurry as they don't hold all the items in stock so it normally takes a few days for them to get the item from the manufacturer and then post it out to you but I did get emails updating the status of the order/dispatch. I would use them again.
  • Cheers guys. Going to chance it...
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Me, slow, didn't have items in stock, torturous process ordering something different, but got goods in the end.
  • vanleapo
    vanleapo Posts: 150
    Ordered a Castelli Gabba Long Sleeve jersey last week as the price was approx £20 less than anywhere else.
    The website said it was out of stock so wasn't expecting it to arrive too soon. Wiggle were quoting 2-4 weeks for delivery of same item.
    But it turned up this morning.
    So I can't fault them so far.
    Gabba jersey seems really nice too.
    Tearfund Tour of Scotland 26th May to 1st June 2013
    http://www.justgiving.com/phil-godley
  • AVOID

Bought some Shimano Shoes from them - took a few days to arrive to find they sent out the wrong model and wrong size.

Very hard to contact anyone to sort it out.

Sent them back and waited two weeks before the replacements arrived. They did eventually send out the right ones but it was a right hassle.
  • Since this has come up again - I ended up cancelling my order. A total shower of b0llocks!!!
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    i used them not realising they was in spain, to buy some sidi shoes, not much commication, over the phone and email, they didn't have the shoes in stock took 2 weeks to deliver but was not in much of a rush and the came in right size/colour
  • I ordered some shoes from them online but it wasn't clear if they had stock so I rang them, they said they did have stock so I ordered. A week later no sign of the shoes, rang them and they said they were out of stock. Grr... I'm also now plagued by spam from them and their numerous sister companies.