(another) which Go Pro

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,661
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Ok, so the new ones then...

I'm really not sure what the variations in specs mean as I ve never done much Videoing before, preferring to take photos, but the trouble with that is that you get so few usually unless you go with the specific aim of taking photos rather than riding, and have riding buddies that acquiesce to that request (plus you never get any good ones of yourself doing stuff)

I'd like to use it for MTBing, Skiing and some watersports (sailing/kitesurfing etc). I think the remote control is a really good option for me (and cheap on CRC at the mo), but I can't decide how much power I really need so have no idea whether to go White, Silver or Black. I'd probably just make them for fun, and put them on FB or whatever to share them

Any Advice? I'm a total newbie at this so...
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    I have the silver edition and its amazing,took it on holiday in the pool and worked amazing,plus mtb footage is awesome,the black is a bit high end for what you need it for,plus you need a really fast computer to get it to work i think,if you can get someone in the states to buy one its nearly 100pound cheaper...
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Cheers mate!

Does anyone know a good website for this stuff? Like a CRC for Digital Cameras? The only ones I can find turn out to be extremely dodgy with a bit of digging!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • If you can find them, Gopro 2's are at a decent price right now. I picked one up with a pack of mounts for £200. I bought one as I didn't trust the new ones due to overheating issues (which may now be sorted). Any Gopro you get will be fantastic, but the best value for money is a 2 or a Gopro Silver.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Both the silver and black edition GoPros are reviewed in the cams group test in this month's MBUK, if you know anyone who buys it (or have an Asda magazine library nearby, lol).