Mount Vision Maxle Conversion

fielonator
fielonator Posts: 100
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got a 2010 mount vision which has a standard quick release rear axle. I'd like to convert to a bolt through but I can't find the kit for sale anywhere, apart from Marin's online shop which ships from America. I don't want to get stung by customs so I'd rather buy from UK or Europe.

I realise I'll need to change the hub but I've got some new wheels in mind, and the dropouts are changeable. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone has already done this was it worth the effort?

Cheers.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well the current drop outs will work with a 10mm bolt up through axel. or 10mm Qr rather than the current set up.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • fielonator
    fielonator Posts: 100
    Hmmm..... would I need a new hub then or will it convert from (I imagine) 5mm axle to 10mm? It's a Shimano XT hub.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well that depends on what you have now and if it is convertable but as you are asking I guess it is not so yes a new hub will be needed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown