Betty Leeds

godihatehills
godihatehills Posts: 237
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
p4pb9961004.jpg

bosh- still playing with set up- stem looks higher rise than it is- (bars turned slightly towards camera)

Comments

• p4pb9961412.jpg
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    That's nice steel. I was wondering if this company still existed - is the frame second hand or new? They used to have massive seat-posts, like 32.6, seems they've down-sized that a bit to something more normal.

The balance of white to black is lovely. Not sure about the orange on the stem but that's just asthetics. The wheels and chainrings really make it look expensive.

Bars are rotated a bit upwards for my eye, so maybe you're finding the reach rather reachy b/c your saddle is rammed so far back?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • think its just dodgy photo- stem is actually white and red!- matches bars and other random bits- bars are in the process of being moved but they are actually pretty horizontal - theyve been moved wholesale from previous bike.

Fixie did go quiet for a while but I think they are back from this autumn although I'm not sure that geared bikes or CX bikes feature anymore unfortunately.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    What size is that? XL? I have the large but could do with a bit more reach, although I think the headtube will be too tall on the XL. Nice frame though, rides quite well!

BettyLeeds3_zpsa10ee303.jpg
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    p4pb9961412.jpg

Seriously nice - full spec please asap that man!
  • Cheers for comments
    Frame is 4130 custom drawn steel size 58
    Easton ec90 fork
    dura ace 7800 shifters, calipers, Bb, cassette chain and mechs
    Bontrager (well Hed and DT Swiss) Aeolus 5.0 wheels
    Fsa kforce light cranks
    Q rotors chain rings
    Look keo ironman pedals
    3t arx team stem
    3t ergo nova bars
    Fsa headset.
    Ea70 seatpost
    Now got white/red slr team saddle
    Ultremo tyres, conti tubes
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    styxd wrote:
    What size is that? XL? I have the large but could do with a bit more reach, although I think the headtube will be too tall on the XL. Nice frame though, rides quite well!

BettyLeeds3_zpsa10ee303.jpg

That's what awesome-looking long stems do for you!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I think I may need to go up a stem size. Currently at 130mm but could do with a bit more length, unfortunaltey nowhere in the UK or Eu seems to sell 140mm zipp stems so I think I'll have to get one from the US which'll probably be a bit of a chore.
  • p4pb10839407.jpg

tweaked slightly
    apologies for crappy camera phone pic
  • Let's see now...new pedals and crank. Lovely.

New saddle & seatpost, is it further back on its rails? Did you measure the old position twice?

As for the tape and Hudz, the old set up was prettier. But having bought some of the softer Huds, they're a big improvement to the stock ones.
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Were you in Bristol doing the LVIS ball buster? I do remember perving on that. You were in a group with a few nice bikes!
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    bloody hell, thats gorgeous!
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    oooooo Betty...
  • neil.s
    neil.s Posts: 123
    Needs plain black bar tape and a black stem. You could leave the white hoods if the bar tape was plain black.

First pic: seriously bloody gorgeous

Last pic: nowhere near. It's funny how little things change the look so radically.

These are just my opinions of course. The important thing is if you like it then someone's opinion doesn't matter :D
  • neil.s
    Oh, and back to black wall tyres please. I'm not a fan* of amber walls :shock:

* as mentioned, this is only my opinion :wink:
  • housemunkey
    housemunkey Posts: 237
    I think most people would agree tanwalls look great, on almost anything tbh!
  • neil.s
    Well I don't mind being in the minority HouseMunkey :wink:
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    That is one hell of a machine! Lovely, lovely bike
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • housemunkey
    housemunkey Posts: 237
    Neil.S wrote:
    Well I don't mind being in the minority HouseMunkey :wink:

There is after all no such thing as 'normal'. Each to their own!
  • godihatehills
    godihatehills Posts: 237
    Back to Black ...nearly.

p4pb11010437.jpg
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Aesthetically for me it worked better originally. The new cranks are great but the tan tubs aren't working and nor is the stem and bar tape; white worked well before. From memory, don't 3T do white stems and seat posts with the red stripe? Could work well.

Ps I've got a Betty Leeds as well (older Ouzo forked / swoops seat stay version). Bit heavy / slower than all my other bikes but remains one of my favourite to ride! Didn't realise how well deep sections suit it!
  • n3crophile
    n3crophile Posts: 52
    OH MY LORD! Salutations you have a fine steed.
  • matig0l
    matig0l Posts: 37
    Aye, the bar tape is not an improvement. Personally I would go with a black stem, then either plain black tape and black hoods or plain white tape and white hoods.

Nitpicking of course. Overall a brilliant job. A unique bike that looks fantastic.