BMC trail fox TF01 xt 2012

itsnotaboutthebike
itsnotaboutthebike Posts: 50
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

Looking for some feedback from BMC trail fox owners, I'm tempted by a cracking deal on a '12 xt TF01, I have been riding MTB for over 20yrs and owned all sorts from the trusty Spesh enduro, Rockey mountain and litespeed so I have a broad knowledge of different types of MTBs and their abilities.

I also own a BMC road bike which I love to bits which is why I'm looking at the trail fox, Problem !! I know MBR reviewed the TF last year and initially raved about its ability and versatility, BUT went on to find a major flaw in the design when bottoming out the shock, admittedly being quite light I rarely if ever manage to fully bottom out the shock on an FS bike.
I just want some honest feedback from owners who have ridden the bike over a longer period of time, I'm no free rider or down hill super hero so Im unlikely to be jumping any great distances or popping of huge drop offs.

Honest opinions please, its a lot of cash even if it is a good deal.

Cheers peeps.

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Haven't ridden one myself but one thing worth mentioning is they don't hold a very good resale value for some reason