Pushloc problem - Rockshox Recon Gold TK!

Dodgethisdr
Dodgethisdr Posts: 3
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Apparently, several people seems to have a the same problem with the Pushloc system as I. The "symptom" of my Pushloc, not locking when pushed, is similar to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrR8IO3Lex4 The problems started just after a month...and I know more people that have experienced the same.

As I understand, inside the damper there is a spring that actively turns the damper in a passive mode, that is, locked. So if the wire is removed the damper is always locked. When the Pushloc is "pushed", strain is applied to the wire which rotates the spool clockwise and thereby actives the damper.

What seems to be the problem is therefore the Pushloc mounted on the handlebars, which doesn't lock when pushed. Anyone that has a suggestion of how to fix this? I opened the Pushloc and all parts are made of PLASTIC, just amazingly stupid!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    without the cable attached theTurnkey is off.

press the lever and it turns it on. (locked)

you have your ifo backwards.

have you adjusted the cable?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • My bad! Wrong video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KZzbaSpvI

Its locked when the cable is removed (no tension) and active damping when pulled.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    I have a set of Rebas with a remote lockout lever. When you push the lever, it pulls the cable, turns the knob on the damper and increases the compression damping (almost a lockout).
    This seems to be what happens in the second video, except it uses the Pushloc instead of a lever.

When I first got the forks, I had trouble getting the remote lever to lock in place when I pressed it. The problem was the cable was too tight and needed to be slackened off in the clamp on the knob on the forks.

The lever would pull the cable but the knob on the forks wouldn't rotate any more. This meant the lever couldn't be pressed far enough to lock in place.

Have you tried undoing the clamp bolt on the knob and seeing if the Pushlock controller will lock? Is there anything behind the Pushlock (thick grips?) that's stopping it being pushed far enough to engage the lock?

The fork should be ab;e to compress with the cable removed from the knob, not locked out (as nicklouse said).
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There was a couple of OE pushlock dampers that worked in reverse.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    supersonic wrote:
    There was a couple of OE pushlock dampers that worked in reverse.

errr the pushlock/pop lock/ pop lock adjust is only the lever. and there were left right above and below bar options.

the damper is the TK. etc
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    But some had damper spring orientation that were locked as normal (untensioned), and you activated the lever to unlock, not the other way round. 'Popping' it then locked it.

"its locked when the cable is removed (no tension) and active damping when pulled."
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Its never worked on my 2012 Rebas from new. They wont lock but to be honest I would never use it anyway so I didn't bother sending them back.